• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Can't tell with the lighting but does it match the OEM black alcantara?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
it appears to match it 99%. I personally canā€™t tell. I will say overland looks higher quality slightly but could just be placebo.

Can't tell with the lighting but does it match the OEM black alcantara?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I went with the same setup in mine, he does very nice work.

Interestingly, the reason for the slight color discrepancy is that Honda does not use genuine Alcantara any longer, they use a third party material that is not available for purchase elsewhere.

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
This looks great! I am adding this to the list of things I want to do with the car. The big question is do you think it is worth while to send in the existing console for the modification or should i purchase a new console so I can restore the car to factory down the road if desired?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
This looks great! I am adding this to the list of things I want to do with the car. The big question is do you think it is worth while to send in the existing console for the modification or should i purchase a new console so I can restore the car to factory down the road if desired?
Send yours in, this mod will not affect the value of the car unless you absolutely destroy the center console. Many people actually believe the car should've come this way from the factory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I agree with Aspec above, just send it in. This retains my desire to have the OEM+ feel of the car. You save a lot of money too. Just that silver shifter base plate is like $600 from Honda. I really, REALLY love how it turned out.

Last edited:

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Looks beautiful!! I wish they would have offered customization like this from the factory like Porsche does. Could have been cool to add color or carbon fiber in places. How does the red match the seats? I've been wanting to do this but in all red + the arm rest. Really would be cool to get some of the material on the door card in red, too.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I feel like the red is really close to the seats but not 100% I mean for my OCD, its pretty close. I feel like the seatbelts, the seatbelt holder clip and the seats all have varying shades of red from one another but it all still matches well. I think someone mentioned earlier either here or on FB that honda sources their material from a 3rd party now so the colors are very difficult to 100% match. The quality is definitely top notch and colors blend so well, I don't really notice any variation.

This made me want to go ahead and do the A pillars next. I'll be doing that soon. I'd do this 10 out of 10 times. If anyone does it, they won't regret the quality for sure.

Looks beautiful!! I wish they would have offered customization like this from the factory like Porsche does. Could have been cool to add color or carbon fiber in places. How does the red match the seats? I've been wanting to do this but in all red + the arm rest. Really would be cool to get some of the material on the door card in red, too.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Sweet Jebus that shifter is amazing. Iā€™m definitely going to get that same one!

Yah... i was looking at that shifter... it's amazing! I got the OEM replacement to save my hand -- in spite of preferring the sleek silver. this is a great compromise, and with that stitching, it looks like it's OEM. NICE!!

As gorgeous as the console looks, i'm thinking the lack of soft material on it may be partially because that area is sure to get a ton of wear with a lot of shifting. altho, I bet the red around the shaft would survive ok and that does look hot!! I love the feel of the suede on the parts of the car that have it, but i'm Not disappointed it's missing from the console since i'm sure i would wear it out or damage it. :(

Let me know how it wears... i could change my mind ;p Altho i just took another look at the stock console and i really love the way it looks, too.

off-topic... I also have to say that as much as i liked it, i was concerned about the hidden vents on the civic dash, but they really work well, so i'm hoping the grill holds up to all the hot/cold air going through it.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I was thinking about options and it dawned on me that it's prob a good thing that the only options for the 2023 CTR are dealer-installed options. So many of us are so concerned about color, which we barely have control over... imagine if we had options that we wanted, but the only car we could get was missing a bunch of those options? I thought about that as i looked at the map of GR Corollas and saw all the different configurations... all for the same 10k+ markups. geesh
Sponsored