• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Parts came in for the seat recall

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I just received mine back… here are some photos of what was picked up.
IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1010.jpeg
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the bottom picture of ? Now I am going to have to take another look. Got the car back and everything looks normal, I think ? By the way the dealership charged me $109 to use Mobile 1 instead of the Honda Oil. $20 a Quart ! It was supposed to be free for the Honda Oil. Lol
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the bottom picture of ? Now I am going to have to take another look. Got the car back and everything looks normal, I think ? By the way the dealership charged me $109 to use Mobile 1 instead of the Honda Oil. $20 a Quart ! It was supposed to be free for the Honda Oil. Lol
It appears to be a scuffed door sill.

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Scuffed door sill & that’s a robbery!!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I am due for an oil change so I decided to see about having the seat repair done. I've already had it in once for the squeaky seat issue. The dealer required I bring it in for an inspection to make sure I need the repair done even though Honda emailed me and said my car is affected. Not big on having to do an additional day at the dealer since they ask I be there at 9am or before and I work nights so that's a hard ask.
Do you have to deal with that service dept? they really sounded sleazy requiring you to have an 'inspection' first. No matter what... get a picture of your odometer when you drop it off... and make sure they didn't do any joy rides (you may want to set your recorder on so it will document all driving while there -- assuming they don't turn it off).

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Do you have to deal with that service dept? they really sounded sleazy requiring you to have an 'inspection' first. No matter what... get a picture of your odometer when you drop it off... and make sure they didn't do any joy rides (you may want to set your recorder on so it will document all driving while there -- assuming they don't turn it off).
I have a pretty good history with this dealer. Service manager said the one of the earlier tsb's called for an inspection and the receptionist didn't see the updated one. That would explain why more than one dealer has said that. They paid for my car to be paint corrected and the cost of my ceramic coating due to some shipping damage. They also fixed my squeaky seat initially and it's been quiet for 4k miles since. However its good habit to snap a pic of the odometer before anyone else drives your car. They know me, how I am about my cars, and always accommodate me.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I have a pretty good history with this dealer. Service manager said the one of the earlier tsb's called for an inspection and the receptionist didn't see the updated one. That would explain why more than one dealer has said that. They paid for my car to be paint corrected and the cost of my ceramic coating due to some shipping damage. They also fixed my squeaky seat initially and it's been quiet for 4k miles since. However its good habit to snap a pic of the odometer before anyone else drives your car. They know me, how I am about my cars, and always accommodate me.

Good stuff!
Sponsored