• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Phearable vs TSP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
I currently have the TSP stage 1 tune for the FL5 and saw that the Phearable stage 2 tune came out the other day.
How reliable is Phearable? I have heard of them before but I am still new to the tuning companies for our platforms.
Sponsored

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
John Vega definitely knows what he is doing, certainly reputable.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I currently have the TSP stage 1 tune for the FL5 and saw that the Phearable stage 2 tune came out the other day.
How reliable is Phearable? I have heard of them before but I am still new to the tuning companies for our platforms.
Not worth it to switch up, you already have most of the performance with the TSP tune. What fuel are you running?

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Not worth it to switch up, you already have most of the performance with the TSP tune. What fuel are you running?
I am running 93. The phearable tune puts out like 386 whp on a stock car.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The number doesn't matter. I would focus on the delta and not the number. If anything you would benefit from a custom tune over the OTS map from TSP.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Like I said not worth it, the TSP tune puts out the same power as the phearable on 91. So running 93 you will be close. And I agree with Clark custom tune at this point if you are really looking at all the ponies and on a stock turbo you wonā€™t get a whole lot more.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™m going to ask you what I ask my customers. What is your goal with the car? Is it more roll racing, track duty, drag strip?

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Iā€™m going to ask you what I ask my customers. What is your goal with the car? Is it more roll racing, track duty, drag strip?

This one hundred percent. You forgot 2 more options. Street car or a dyno queen šŸ˜†.

Some guys love to boast about whp and dynosheets but can't effectively put down the power to the ground. It's useless then except for bragging rights.

I did read a lot between TSP vs Phearable and some mentioned one drove better on street vs other bc the boost came on later vs earlier. Once again I think that would boil down to goals.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
This one hundred percent. You forgot 2 more options. Street car or a dyno queen šŸ˜†.

Some guys love to boast about whp and dynosheets but can't effectively put down the power to the ground. It's useless then except for bragging rights.

I did read a lot between TSP vs Phearable and some mentioned one drove better on street vs other bc the boost came on later vs earlier. Once again I think that would boil down to goals.
This is a curious statement. Where did you "read a lot" about FL5s running the TSP/Phearable tunes?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is a curious statement. Where did you "read a lot" about FL5s running the TSP/Phearable tunes?
I think he might be referring to the normal civic platform. Either way OP has to establish a clear goal. I see so many people chasing after numbers and area under the curve where its at. So Iā€™m just trying to steer him in the right direction. Canā€™t wait to get the Hondata to start my own testing and share with the community.

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Sorry to clarify I've just read the TSP vs Phearable debate on various different Civic platforms and not the FL5.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
For those that have had cards tuned, does it effect drivability at all? My CTR is also my daily so would tuning it have any negative impacts?

kmkiger

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2023 Type R
I got the Phearable tune for my 10th gen Si. The reason for Phearable over TSP was the location. I am not far from Phearable and the locals who had the tune never had a single complaint. Once, I installed the tune, I was extremely happy. I have no complaints about Phearable and will probably use them again on my FL5. Waiting for the end of October when Hondata comes down to jailbreak.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For those that have had cards tuned, does it effect drivability at all? My CTR is also my daily so would tuning it have any negative impacts?
It depends on the tune, throttle response can be adjusted and improved but it will all depend on how well they tune it. If you are concerned for warranty I would keep it stock.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I used the Phearable stage 2 tune on my FK8, and that car saw a lot of track duty, and was also my daily driver. Zero complaints whatsoever. Absolutely RIPS at the track!
Sponsored