• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
Sounds great! Any other impressions you have compared to the GTI? Handling, steering feel, understeer?

I'm pretty sure I want the Civic but I'm still keeping an eye on the GTI and the Elantra N.
This is comparing to the Mk 7.5 GTI with stock tires (hankook ventus noble), with no DCC (Canadian version didn’t get one). MK8 is probably way better handling, haven’t driven one.

Si handles like it’s on rails, even in the wet, I can’t get the car to lose traction on the street. The GTI would understeer in the wet, tires give up, gotta drive carefully. Can’t floor it in the wet either, no traction. This is probably fixed in MK8 though. Steering feels better in the Si.
Sponsored

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
After driving this for 4 days (almost 400km now), I think the power figures are fine, it’s really fun on the street, delivers power and accelerates nicely, no rubber-bandy turbo like my GTI. Had fun every time I drove it. I won’t be tuning it, it’s enough for me.

My only complaint is the dogshit reverse camera, my GTI’s was much, much better.
I find it's better if I change the mode of the reverse camera. Makes the image smaller but much more clear and then it shows the image of the car with all of the sensor fields.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
Keep in mind even the last gen Si was borderline slowish. It only tested a couple tenths faster to 60 than the non-Si turbo models stock to stock

A tune will wake it up and will be basically safe.
Agree with this. I bought a 2019 Si and it became pretty punchy once I tuned it, put on a FMIC, intake, E-85, and downpipe. Even then it still was only 224whp. It just wasn't enough power for me so I traded it in for the TypeR.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Even then it still was only 224whp. It just wasn't enough power for me so I traded it in for the TypeR.
Did you see the dyno results that were posted today somewhere? The 11th gen SI is peaking at 220hp stock. Not a bad starting point.

That said, I’m personally kinda weighing whether I should spring for a 10th gen Type R now and wait to pick up an 11th later, or stick with my January SI preorder.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
Did you see the dyno results that were posted today somewhere? The 11th gen SI is peaking at 220hp stock. Not a bad starting point.

That said, I’m personally kinda weighing whether I should spring for a 10th gen Type R now and wait to pick up an 11th later, or stick with my January SI preorder.
It's 220hp on wheel hub dyno and not roller dyno. I'm skeptical of the actual whp stock. Time will tell. In any case, it's still way less powerful than the TypeR 10th gen.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
It's 220hp on wheel hub dyno and not roller dyno. I'm skeptical of the actual whp stock. Time will tell.
What was 10th? Not saying that 220 on a dyno is fast. Just that it’s probably underrated at 200 and likely performs a little better than last gen.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Sorry - meant to ask how the stock 10th gen SI does on the same type of dyno. I think it was about 190hp to the wheel.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sorry - meant to ask how the stock 10th gen SI does on the same type of dyno. I think it was about 190hp to the wheel.
I think Motortrend had an updated article about the dyno results this morning. From what I saw, it looked like on the same dyno, the 10th gen rated lower in horsepower compared to the 11th (201 vs 220) but rated higher in torque (233 vs 210).

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
I noticed a little hang but it seems to be minimal. They've definitely tweaked it, along with the flywheel helping, the Rev hang is much less than in the past. Again I'm not a pro, and the hang doesn't seem to bother me anyway, as much as others. They're keeping as much hang as they can for emissions and a better EPA rating.
That's really nice that the rev hang and slow dropping revs in between shifts have been improved considerably. It really bothered me for a long time when I first got my car but now I'm just used to it. I'm sure a lot of 10th gen owners are really hoping the new flywheel can be more or less a plug and play install.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I just picked up my Si! Looks beautiful with the aero package. Waiting on black emblems apparently they're on backorder until Dec 9.
First drive impressions....

Off the lot, I put on sport mode. Currently I'm only bringing the engine to 4500 rpm for the next 500k. I want to go easy on the clutch and let it break in before doing a launch. A lot of you are curious and have asked for impressions.. to be honest I'm a little surprised with the torque (or lack thereof).

I traded in my 2019 hatchback sport for this gorgeous thing, and I can tell all you tenth gen lovers this car looks a lot better. Although-tenth gen definitely feels faster! Again, I haven't done any times and have not brought the car above 4500 rpm, but it's noticeable there is less pull between 1500 and 4500 rpm than my 2019 hatch sport.

A little disclaimer, I did a stage 1 +3 Hondata tune on the hatch, BUT, when the hatch was not even in sport mode (-tune) , it felt faster. I can't wait for Hondata to do a map for the '22 Si, after driving my hatch. It was easy to spin the tires in first and second just by punching the gas... This '22 Si doesn't seem to have the power.. Didn't put me back into the seat like my hatch. I did test a 2019 Si and it's clearly putting more power down faster. Seems strange right? With only a 5hp difference? But I'm telling you it's clear and noticable.

Although, maybe on the track this would beat a tenth gen because man, does it corner!! I came into a corner in the middle of second gear, turned the wheels 90' gave her some throttle and woooof! Going straight ready for third.. it hugs like a dream. It might even give a WRX a good go in the corners!

I've had this car a few hours and love it. Would trade it my 10ty gen any day for it. But I'm waiting patiently for some good maps, to make me feel I didn't sacrifice in any way.

Ktuner and Hondata- let's go! ?

IMG_20211120_094017_1.jpg

IMG_20211120_093957.jpg

IMG_20211120_093828.jpg

IMG_20211120_093628.jpg

IMG_20211120_093635.jpg

Hey dude

can you post some pics of your rear seats and door panels? I wanted to know if the rear doors have the same gloss trim as the front. I think the USA model doesn’t.
And wanna see if they used the red switching and red trim highlights on the panels too.

thanks man

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
I think Motortrend had an updated article about the dyno results this morning. From what I saw, it looked like on the same dyno, the 10th gen rated lower in horsepower compared to the 11th (201 vs 220) but rated higher in torque (233 vs 210).
Yea, it looks like they just adjusted the power curve in the tune. Spool is faster but a faster spool only means more torque sooner than previous. However, 10th gen's drivability should feel more "punchy" during regular sprints. On 11th gen, the pull to redline will actually feel better because of the higher hp. Overall though, I'd rather have the 10th gen's power curve as torque means more to me than hp.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
That's really nice that the rev hang and slow dropping revs in between shifts have been improved considerably. It really bothered me for a long time when I first got my car but now I'm just used to it. I'm sure a lot of 10th gen owners are really hoping the new flywheel can be more or less a plug and play install.
I guess I'm the only one who likes "rev hang", I can shift really smooth for my daily driving.
Sponsored