• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Picked her up at the end of March. I spent 10 days calling all over the country to inquire about various cars. I wound up getting it in Kentucky for $5K ADM. I decided it was worth $5K over to get the color I wanted. This is my first non-VW in 25 years. So far I love it and have no regrets!
IMG_7277.jpeg
Looking good. I had a Mk7 GTI and Mk7 R prior to my current car. Hope to make the switch to the FL5 soon.
Sponsored

Nessy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3, 1990 Toyota Liteace
Picked up mine today! Got my Vin on 5/5. Purchased local at autonation Honda of Las Vegas. 5k adm with just under 2k in accessories. Started out as an adm+random protection packages. While I couldn't get them to just just drop all the packages they were willing to replace items with stuff from the dealer installed accessories so I picked up a few things so I could at least have something to show for it. Badge#8591. My vin serial number neighbor is down at Findlay Honda so if anyone bought it I'd be curious to see what the badge number on that one ended up being!
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ 20230615_133240

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜20 SGP Type R β€’ β€˜23 CW Type R
Picked up mine today! Got my Vin on 5/5. Purchased local at autonation Honda of Las Vegas. 5k adm with just under 2k in accessories. Started out as an adm+random protection packages. While I couldn't get them to just just drop all the packages they were willing to replace items with stuff from the dealer installed accessories so I picked up a few things so I could at least have something to show for it. Badge#8591. My vin serial number neighbor is down at Findlay Honda so if anyone bought it I'd be curious to see what the badge number on that one ended up being!
20230615_133240.jpg
That’s me with Badge #8592! 🏎 Picked up on Friday from Findlay Henderson. Only seen 2 Boost Blues in Vegas and 2 more BBs were just delivered to Honda West and Centennial so if one of us see another CW on the road chances are it’s one of us lol
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ 28945C64-8379-473A-8A5B-BF736E571CA8
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ 547E52AD-2375-4791-A3A6-4CF171FA5B16

poops

First Name
Dayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CTR/FL5
How many miles were on your vehicles at delivery?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If memory serves me correctly, the car had 11 miles on the clock.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Looking good. I had a Mk7 GTI and Mk7 R prior to my current car. Hope to make the switch to the FL5 soon.
I still miss my mk7.5 GTI, the size was perfect, mpg was about 20% better than my fk8, and the Fender sound system BUMPS compared to the fk8.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I still miss my mk7.5 GTI, the size was perfect, mpg was about 20% better than my fk8, and the Fender sound system BUMPS compared to the fk8.
I actually liked my Mk7 GTI a good deal more than the Mk7 R. Only reason I switched to the R was due to getting t-boned in the GTI.

You essentially had the same power potential with bolt-on upgrades and I never felt the extra money was worth it for the AWD. I also went from 6MT in the GTI to DSG in the R. I think combo of AWD + DSG just made the R feel like a video game with no emotion when driving, which is why I sold it for the F87 M2 w/ 6MT.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I actually liked my Mk7 GTI a good deal more than the Mk7 R. Only reason I switched to the R was due to getting t-boned in the GTI.

You essentially had the same power potential with bolt-on upgrades and I never felt the extra money was worth it for the AWD. I also went from 6MT in the GTI to DSG in the R. I think combo of AWD + DSG just made the R feel like a video game with no emotion when driving, which is why I sold it for the F87 M2 w/ 6MT.
I used to work for VW, and always wanted to get an R for a daily...we had one of our last mk7.5 Rs on the lot, but unfortunately no employee deals on those cars :( so I ended up with a Great Falls Green GTI DSG....most guys at my dealership had GTIs, all you need on those is a rear sway bar, springs, sticky tires, and a little APR ECU/TCU tune and you're ahead of the Golf R

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ C343513A-9C1F-477C-A4CB-46629FF71C9B

Picked up 08360 today.

Placed a deposit on April 12th after a week of emailing a few dealers in NJ. Ended up at a dealer 4 miles away. Got my VIN on 5/5. Arrived on 7/5.

Drove it 2 miles to my PPF installer where it will sit until Thursday or Friday. I did not allow the dealer to do PDI other than remove shipping blocks, battery check, etc. My PPF/detailer will take care of everything paint related.

The car was awesome to drive. Been 20+ years since I drove a Honda. These cars have changed. My last Honda was an EP3.