• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Powder coated FL5 OEM Wheels Bronze

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
For me the OEM look is excellent, personally the wheels I would like to splurge on in the future are going to be the 19” spoon wheels. Aside from that I rather allocate the 3k+ into other parts for the car, my biggest hesitation was ensuring they got the color right, they gave me a good sense of security in knowing what they were doing and they came though.
Yeah its the reason I like the apex forged wheels. Very similar to stock but with the option to downsize to 18”
Sponsored

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Hello guys! Just got done powder coating my stock wheels Bronze Chrome with a satin finish. Hope this helps anyone looking to do it aswell. If you’re in Miami, the shop that did this for me was Wheels Doctor!
Looks good. Any thoughts on how to get the center caps to match / turning the black part around the Honda logo bronze?

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
Looks good. Any thoughts on how to get the center caps to match / turning the black part around the Honda logo bronze?
I actually asked for them not to be paint matched, took it out of the playbook of Acura with their ITS bronze wheels. They told me I could bring it back to get done after if I wanted too since it was part of the price. I’ll see if it grows on me or it bothers me 🤣🤣 Appreciate the love
see above! Personally I like the caps as they are for now but if they start bugging me I’ll just go back and have them done.

bbrunty15

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord, 2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-03525
I can't get over how awesome this looks!! Seriously considering something like this after seeing your post, @Loulerg! Love this!

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't get over how awesome this looks!! Seriously considering something like this after seeing your post, @Loulerg! Love this!
Thank you! I had a real hard time finding anyone who had powder coated their stock wheels, so I’m glad I can help anyone trying to take the plunge.

bbrunty15

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord, 2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-03525
Thank you! I had a real hard time finding anyone who had powder coated their stock wheels, so I’m glad I can help anyone trying to take the plunge.
I will be keeping this in mind in the future. Thanks! Take care!

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Any idea how close this color is to the Integra optional copper wheels? I have a boost blue as well and at some point will be getting a second set of wheels so I have a set for summer/track and a set for winter. I would like to stay with the stock 19" setup and have been looking at the Integra copper wheels. The Integra copper does not look to be as dark as what you have and I don't think will look as good as yours.

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea how close this color is to the Integra optional copper wheels? I have a boost blue as well and at some point will be getting a second set of wheels so I have a set for summer/track and a set for winter. I would like to stay with the stock 19" setup and have been looking at the Integra copper wheels. The Integra copper does not look to be as dark as what you have and I don't think will look as good as yours.
I've yet to see the ITS bronze wheels in person, from videos and pics it definitely looks lighter than the color I went with. I don't think it would necessarily look bad, it would depend on the look you are goin for, for me the dark bronze was my vison for how I wanted the wheels to look.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Looks like the ITS wheels are a similar brightness as @Loulerg ‘s wheels. However, it appears to me that the ITS wheels are indeed copper, not bronze. Copper has a more of a reddish/orange color whereas bronze is more brownish/gold. Both look nice in their own way.

Last edited:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Looks great! Much improved over black, in my opinion.

Are you running spacers? The wheels appear more flush than stock.

OP
OP
Loulerg

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Much improved over black, in my opinion.

Are you running spacers? The wheels appear more flush than stock.
Thanks and good eye! Yes I’m running 15mm Bonoss Spacers all around.