• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ralleye Red Color - More Allocation Percentage for 2024?

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
I just did a 5 minute research on most popular car colors and here is the link.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/most-po...xt=No matter the type of,on the top two spots.

Not that red is the most popular but it is actually more popular than blue for Sports Cars. Does anyone know if this was just random and 2024 there will be a greater percentage of Ralleye Red? Its the color I want and there is just so little out there and I don't get it.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's really anybody's guess at this point.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
I’ve been waiting since release for a red one. At this point I’ll be getting a 2024

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
As far as I know production of each color was based on
1. Customer interest when initial orders went through (meaning there must have been very little interest for red)

and

2. Honda makes less revenue on Black and Red since they were colors offered at no extra charge.

Doesn't seem like they'd change the production ratio unless they forgo the premium paint option charge altogether for later model years.

For comparison sake they didnt change it for the FK8, guess there's just not enough demand for specific colors.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
As far as I know production of each color was based on
1. Customer interest when initial orders went through (meaning there must have been very little interest for red)

and

2. Honda makes less revenue on Black and Red since they were colors offered at no extra charge.

Doesn't seem like they'd change the production ratio unless they forgo the premium paint option charge altogether for later model years.

For comparison sake they didnt change it for the FK8, guess there's just not enough demand for specific colors.
I’ve had a request in as an employee at the Honda store with the regional rep since before they were released. We keep getting blue and white.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I’ve had a request in as an employee at the Honda store with the regional rep since before they were released. We keep getting blue and white.
Yeah, honestly I don't think Honda corporate or Honda Jp give a damn about fulfilling orders/requests (outside of orders placed in japan). I don't even know why they bothered taking orders in the first place. I think it just gives them an idea of which colors are in demand.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@KidIcarus In Japan, people buy Hondas directly from Honda, not thru a dealership network. The dealerships can only take whatever allocations they get and have no control over the color. If anyone mislead you about this, it was your dealership. I don’t blame Honda for building cars in the colors that will easily sell…especially in today’s economy, despite how painful it may be to get a certain color.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
@KidIcarus In Japan, people buy Hondas directly from Honda, not thru a dealership network. The dealerships can only take whatever allocations they get and have no control over the color. If anyone mislead you about this, it was your dealership. I don’t blame Honda for building cars in the colors that will easily sell…especially in today’s economy, despite how painful it may be to get a certain color.
Oh no I had no clue about Honda.jp, thanks for clarifying, that's a significantly better practice for sure.
You're absolutely right about the dealerships, in Canada they actually took orders, color choice , accessories (in most cases forced) etc, which I guess ended up being a load of BS or something. There isn't a single FL5 sitting on a lot here that isn't either "used" or already spoken for. Totally a CA specific problem. I think other countries like AUS, had exact allotments as well. I don't blame them for printing money either, is what it is, end of the day a wrap can fix that. If I ever even get the opportunity to get into one, I don't care what color they throw my way LOL.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@KidIcarus Yeah, in the US, the dealerships have no control over the allocations. They can take your “order” and possibly trade with another dealership to get the customer their desired color, but that’s all they can do. That’s likely the case in Canada too. Outside of Japan, I don’t know of any other markets where customers can actually place an order and presumably configure it the way they want (including color).

Definitely! Take the car that’s available, regardless of color, up in CA. I know the situation truly sucks with VERY few allocations. You can always wrap it OR maybe even trade it for a red one later.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Even the Reps don’t have the pull to truly get you what you want. Top trim cars and specialty cars are a real PITA right now

it’s not like I need the R.

The Supra will hold me over.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
The only person I've heard "ordered" a car is youtuber savagegeese, which is kinda meh that he went through the channel of Honda rep and they got him to work with a dealer....also kinda interesting how many car tubers got a Type R in the last year....

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah…bypassing the line to get a premade pizza vs ordering a pizza (with your choice of toppings) and having it delivered to you are two entirely different things.🤣

Maybe they’d pull some major strings at Honda Corporate to allow someone like Jay Leno to actually order a car (and probably even a Japanese pizza if he desired).

Last edited:

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Either way is something an average joe aren't able to do, and in this case there are not a whole lot of toppings to pick from in this car...color is basically it and most of us unless you are willing to pay for what's asked are just getting whats acceptable...

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I just did a 5 minute research on most popular car colors and here is the link.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/most-po...xt=No matter the type of,on the top two spots.

Not that red is the most popular but it is actually more popular than blue for Sports Cars. Does anyone know if this was just random and 2024 there will be a greater percentage of Ralleye Red? Its the color I want and there is just so little out there and I don't get it.
The allocation numbers for Rallye Red will not change for 2024. As weird as it sounds, it’s our collective fault that Red is so hard to come by. If any of you chose a color apart from red, on any car you purchased in the last 3-5 years, whether it be a Civic Si, Type R, Sport, LX, EX, EXL or Touring when red was available, then you directly contributed to the stats Honda uses to determine color allocations. Red is by far the slowest selling color for EVERY single model, Honda/Acura currently has on sale. Rallye Red will not be easy to acquire especially if your local dealerships are small.

To put it into perspective, there are currently 9 Rallye Red FL5s in the State of Florida. Only 3 other states will have as many RR FL5s, those are California, New York and Texas.
Sponsored