• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Okay thanks. So yours hasn’t been repaired I assume. It’s a littl hard to tell from the picture angle, but I don’t see an inner fillet weld. It looks like just haz From the weld on the outer side of the seat. Hopefully I can get one or two more pictures from others 630 and under w/o repair. I’m just curious as to what the difference is between bad frames and good frames. Also thinking that the passenger side is going to need repaired as well, but we’ll see.
Mine hasn’t been repaired. I tried to capture in one photo the cross bar weld as well as the anchor bolt. Judging from previous posts (descriptive, audio, and/or video), it seems the squeaking most often occurs during lateral (side-to-side) changes in load. If so, the cross bar’s tension should not shear as much as it would during a vertical shift. I have no evidence, but suspect the squeaks originate from binding in the upper frame rails. I would be most concerned if the anchor bolts were faulty. Time will tell. I just hope that those recalled get it done quickly and without further complications.
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Mine hasn’t been repaired. I tried to capture in one photo the cross bar weld as well as the anchor bolt. Judging from previous posts (descriptive, audio, and/or video), it seems the squeaking most often occurs during lateral (side-to-side) changes in load. If so, the cross bar’s tension should not shear as much as it would during a vertical shift. I have no evidence, but suspect the squeaks originate from binding in the upper frame rails. I would be most concerned if the anchor bolts were faulty. Time will tell. I just hope that those recalled get it done quickly and without further complications.
Mine (#128) has been recalled too. Dealer says it has to wait for Honda to deliver the parts, which is unknown at present. Bummer!

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If you read the Service Bulletin, if I remember it correctly, it says Mid May before any parts will be available.
regards

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
@tuhroo Apologies if I missed this in the thread somewhere, but do you have any more details you can share on the stop sale? Is it exactly as it sounds, no more sales of this vehicle until the seat fix is sorted out?

What i believe it means... altho one of the dealer people on here will have to confirm... is that the stop-sale is a specific kind of recall where they cannot sell the cars that have been recalled until the problem is fixed -- as opposed to other possible recalls where the car still can sell, but then bring back the car when the parts come in. Since this one is considered a safety risk, they cannot sell the recalled cars until fixed.. It would not apply to cars that have not been recalled.

but, we will have to have confirmation from one of the experts on here.

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S w/ K20A Type R Motor
Yes, he needs a break, and he has given us a fair idea which cars are likely to be recalled. However, i will request if it's possible for anyone with numbers between 640-700...

if you find out if you are in or out of the recall, to please post so we can pinpoint as clear a demarcation as possible of which cars will or will not be included. This isn't for me, as i'm in the mid-800s (so i don't believe i'm included, but will know from dealer if i am)... but, unless someone has already published the breakpoint, it would be good to document it, yes?

This is what i've seen so far on this board...

RECALL = 0639

NO RECALL = 600s (higher than 0639?)

As @tuhroo told us...

I would like to see it pinned down more precisely for the record, but it's not a biggie for me, personally ;)
I am in the mid 700's and mine is on the recall.

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed a type of weird settling sound every 10 seconds or so emanating from my door yesterday while waiting at a stoplight. I tried wiggling around in my seat but have yet to hear any sounds coming from it. I purchased my RSX Type-S new in November 2002 and don't recall if there were ever any issues resulting from its construction. The FK8 that I purchased in July 2017 and was in the low 900's had a totally unique warranty issue. The machining of the head was warped and was leaking oil in which I surrendered it for over a month to my local dealership. Also the rear passenger tire was forever leaking and they dealership kept telling me they could not find a leak. I finally had to replace the tire after 4 years.

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting… I’m in the very beginning of 700s and still don’t see a recall.
I checked with my dealership as well as the guy on here and they put in my vin number and said that it was part of the list to be recalled. The dealer told me to not bring the car in or I would have to surrender the car to them and that they do not have any loaner cars to give out. He said Honda will contact me directly and that even though I’m on the list, he is not sure mine will for sure have to have the warranty repair but most likely will need it. He just said I have to wait for Honda to reach out to me.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Just pondering... i had posted here about how low down the seat was in the CW that i sat in before my car was delivered -- which i found wasn't as low. I don't see how a bad weld would have affected the seat position, but i also don't understand how the seat height would have been different between 2 cars in the same model year. It's not important at this point, but i wanted to document it just in case.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
still no call or letter from my dealer regarding this recall yet...