• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent new rattle noise

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
I’ve had this recent new rattle noise come up, I’m not sure if this goes under the electronic waste gate noise but the rattle is when off throttle, at any rpm and speed which I hear is what the wastegate noise comes from, I just don’t know if this is that same rattle as it’s very noticeable in the cabin. Anyone have the same kind of noise?
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Hard to tell from a video posted to the Internet, but it sounds like the infamous wastegate rattle to me. The dead giveaway was hearing it only on deceleration. I suggest rolling the window down to see if it gets louder. If so, it's most likely wastegate rattle.

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Hard to tell from a video posted to the Internet, but it sounds like the infamous wastegate rattle to me. The dead giveaway was hearing it only on deceleration. I suggest rolling the window down to see if it gets louder. If so, it's most likely wastegate rattle.
Will try that later today to see if i can hear it with the window down thanks

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
That doesn't sound like the wastegate rattle to me but then again, its a video and hard to tell. I do hear it though. First things to check are the mirror housing plastic and the section underneath the lid behind the headunit, pop that off and put some insulation and make sure the 2 bolts on the metal frame are tight.

I came across a rattle recently that I could have sworn was from the dash but I finally found that it was the seat adjuster bar underneath my seat. The long metal bar was creating a metallic noise, almost like a spring vibrating when at certain high RPMS where the frequency would vibrate it. I stuff some insulation in there too underneath the bar and its gone. I used some thick foam from home depot. Hope you find it.

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
That doesn't sound like the wastegate rattle to me but then again, its a video and hard to tell. I do hear it though. First things to check are the mirror housing plastic and the section underneath the lid behind the headunit, pop that off and put some insulation and make sure the 2 bolts on the metal frame are tight.

I came across a rattle recently that I could have sworn was from the dash but I finally found that it was the seat adjuster bar underneath my seat. The long metal bar was creating a metallic noise, almost like a spring vibrating when at certain high RPMS where the frequency would vibrate it. I stuff some insulation in there too underneath the bar and its gone. I used some thick foam from home depot. Hope you find it.
It seemed a lot louder than what I'd assume the waste gate rattle sound would be- but you know i checked under the passenger seat because of your message, adjusted the seat and for the time being the sound is gone, hopefully fixed... thank you for that. Crazy how the sound seems like its coming from the dash when it's potentially from underneath the seat.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
what mods have u done to your fl5?

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
I’ve had this recent new rattle noise come up, I’m not sure if this goes under the electronic waste gate noise but the rattle is when off throttle, at any rpm and speed which I hear is what the wastegate noise comes from, I just don’t know if this is that same rattle as it’s very noticeable in the cabin. Anyone have the same kind of noise?

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Try the dealer rattle expert!

SaVitar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
There's nothing wrong with that. I have that sound too, and I think it's normal when everyone has that problem.