• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recommended floor mats

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
As many of you already know, the red carpet gets dirty fast. I recently removed the liners to vacuum them and I found a lot outdoor debris stuck to the factory red carpet liner. I was able to get most of the debris out, but it was not easy.

I’ve decided that it’s time to get better floor mats. I love the red carpet, but the floor liners need to be black so that I don’t have to clean the liners often. I was thinking about getting the OEM contoured high carpet mats, but I just found there’s a company called tuxmat that produces mats that cover almost all of the rear inside the car.

Here’s a link to the OEM contoured high carpet mats:

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P15-T60-110.html

Here’s a video of someone installing the tuxmat floor liners in their FL5:

Which mats did you buy for your car? Are these good options?
Sponsored

OP
OP
getGroyped

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The red JDM carpet mats look amazing!

I know that these are not cheap, but if you own these I’d like to hear what you think about them. Are they difficult to clean? How long have you owned them for and do you feel that they will hold up well?

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R

I know that these are not cheap, but if you own these I’d like to hear what you think about them. Are they difficult to clean? How long have you owned them for and do you feel that they will hold up well?

I want all weather mats but want to keep the red.. This might be a good option.

-Josh

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I went with the Type R high-wall mats because I wanted black carpeted mats that would allow some of the red carpet underneath to show. They were $138 shipped from Greenway Honda of Florence. No complaints.

11th Gen Honda Civic Recommended floor mats 20230810_123045

chefNoka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 type r
I have a set of OEM high carpet if you want for cheap. Like new condition, coated with interior fabric coat.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Same as above. I went with the OEM Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats (Part Number 08P15-T60-110). It's a great offset to the red as I believe there's already too much of it for my tastes. They look the best of the options available IMHO; however, they do not provide maximum protection and will not be as durable as an all weather type of mat. My thought is they are inexpensive enough so if they ever get ratty, I'll just replace them. I don't have a lot of wear on them, but they've held up well so far.
11th Gen Honda Civic Recommended floor mats 20230329_154930
11th Gen Honda Civic Recommended floor mats 20230329_154917
11th Gen Honda Civic Recommended floor mats 20230329_154903

OP
OP
getGroyped

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’m going with the contoured high wall carpet. Thanks!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I went with tuxmats. Fits well. I think it’ll be good for rainy and snowy days. And hopefully the muck that my son will bring into the car with his shoes in due time.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I went with Tuxmats and I think it's safe to say they are hands down the best option available. I've had Weathertech in prior vehicles and they eventually start distorting and won't form to the footwell, whereas the Tuxmat fits like a glove.

The downside is that you no longer are able to see the red OEM carpeting as Tuxmats cover like 95% of the carpet. But if you were to ever sell the car, the carpet would be flawless.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5

These are very luxurious but they only fit RHD cars.

I went with the Type R high-wall mats because I wanted black carpeted mats that would allow some of the red carpet underneath to show. They were $138 shipped from Greenway Honda of Florence. No complaints.

20230810_123045.jpg
These look really good. Only wish they'd cover the footrest completely. I'm not the biggest guy and my left foot keeps wanting to touch the little strip of carpet to the right of the footrest (it is too offset to the left making it hard to reach). Still looking for a good solution for that.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Another plug for TuxMats--you won't see a stitch of red carpeting, but like others have said, these will keep the red carpeting in better shape than any other option.

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R , 2023 Tesla Model Y
I have the Tux-Mats as well. I absolutely love them. Easy in and out for cleaning and in Wisconsin winters I needed something with full coverage. I feel alot better about having the red covered, as much as I loved it I was to paranoid of the cleaning process with it.

us17094

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord 2.0T 6 speed
Thanks to this thread I just ordered a set of TuxMats for my 2024 Type R - they were not available when I first went to order but they came back in stock a couple of days ago. Price for a full set is comparable to anything else available and shipping is free.