• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
It’s been confirmed for the Si and type R for some time now. I’d say it’s a toss up on the hatchback. There just isn’t enough people who just need a commuter car and also want a stick shift. Hell, I’m getting rid of my 10th Si no matter what because the rev hang + NY traffic is miserable.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

The product planning guy from Honda, Gary Robinson, in the above video already confirmed the 11th-gen Civic will come with a manual transmission. Since the recently introduced 11th-gen sedan only comes with CVT, that only leaves the Si and hatchback. I'm guessing there's good chance the Type R will come with manual gearbox at the minimum.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It’s been confirmed for the Si and type R for some time now. I’d say it’s a toss up on the hatchback. There just isn’t enough people who just need a commuter car and also want a stick shift. Hell, I’m getting rid of my 10th Si no matter what because the rev hang + NY traffic is miserable.
Honda needs to make an Auto Si (and Type R), I don't get why they're limiting themselves to manual buyers.

OP
OP

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
It’s been confirmed for the Si and type R for some time now. I’d say it’s a toss up on the hatchback.
Right, I didn't mean to imply that a 6MT for the Si or CTR would be "news", that's pretty much expected.
What is more newsorthy (if true), would be If they continue to offer it as an option on the hatchback, since there has been doubt whether they'd bother to certify one on a non-Si/Non-CTR model.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2018 Honda Accord EX-L
I'd like to see a CTR with the 10-speed Auto from the current Accord.
If they'd tighten up the shifts (make them quicker) that could be a fun car, especially in city areas.
With that transmission and an LSD, it would be quick, too.

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Honda needs to make an Auto Si (and Type R), I don't get why they're limiting themselves to manual buyers.
Because the CVT won't handle the output of the Si engine and certainly not the Type R. It wouldn't be cost effective to drop the auto tranny from the Accord in a Civic either. So if you want to get the most out of the CIvic design, its a manual or nothing.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Because the CVT won't handle the output of the Si engine and certainly not the Type R. It wouldn't be cost effective to drop the auto tranny from the Accord in a Civic either. So if you want to get the most out of the CIvic design, its a manual or nothing.
Yet they have a perfectly capable 8-speed DCT being used in the ILX that obviously is cost effective enough to warrant the low starting price, and is capable of handling the output of an Si grade engine.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Yet they have a perfectly capable 8-speed DCT being used in the ILX that obviously is cost effective enough to warrant the low starting price, and is capable of handling the output of an Si grade engine.
My prediction is you’ll see that or some other auto in the Si and R this gen.
Sponsored