• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RV6 Catted Downpipe and P1039 CEL

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
If anybody is having issues with the CEL popping up I will disable it for you free of charge if you are using Hondata as a service to the community.

Don’t want you guys running around with that annoying message if you have the reflash. Or if you have the software I can show you how to do it.

Reactions: UJX

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Don't quote me on this but I'm not sure it will show as not ready. I think what Hondata does is when it sees the voltage dip come from the sensor when the sensor sees not enough emissions (or however it works) it ignores it and doesn't trigger the code. I don't think it disables the sensor.
I can confirm this is not correct, in such a case the ECU would not achieve readiness. Hondata takes federal emissions regulations quite seriously and attempting to evade regulations is not good for any of us in the community that enjoy what we do and want to see it remain a viable thing long term.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
I am waiting on MAP Downpipe GESI cat so should be good to go. the Supra guys swear by GESI sport cats and for years have been saying no CEL so that is what I did. ETA TBD lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I am waiting on MAP Downpipe GESI cat so should be good to go. the Supra guys swear by GESI sport cats and for years have been saying no CEL so that is what I did. ETA TBD lol
Two step alos sells a GESI

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Two Step Performance has Gesi cats on their downpipes. Support your vendors!

OP
OP
UJX

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I can confirm this is not correct, in such a case the ECU would not achieve readiness. Hondata takes federal emissions regulations quite seriously and attempting to evade regulations is not good for any of us in the community that enjoy what we do and want to see it remain a viable thing long term.
So what is the mechanism that Hondata uses to prevent the code? When I was disabling it, I skimmed over the description and saw something about voltage.

Either way, you're preventing an emissions code so you could be technically "evading" regulations. Since the RV6 downpipe has a cat, I'm not evading anything, I just don't want to deal with the code.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So what is the mechanism that Hondata uses to prevent the code? When I was disabling it, I skimmed over the description and saw something about voltage.

Either way, you're preventing an emissions code so you could be technically "evading" regulations. Since the RV6 downpipe has a cat, I'm not evading anything, I just don't want to deal with the code.
so it disables the code but for emission purposes the ECU does checks on the sensors. And when it is disabled the ECU won’t check mark that one as ready. If the cat is throwing a code that means that the sensor is picking up on stuff that is not supposed to be there. So technically “not legal” for Testing purposes.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

It can end up being quite a tangled web! Choosing any catted downpipe over catless is a responsible choice and a smart one for many reasons and it is unfortunate that most catted downpipes do not satisfy what the ECU wants to see based upon emissions regulations. As noted by Jester above, our downpipe uses a GESI catalytic converter that while more expensive than most does meet these requirements while also offering a hefty boost in performance.
Sponsored