• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sell my 2017 Hatchback Sport MT for a 2022??

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
I've been searching for months, and I think I have finally found a dealer that has my next unicorn: A Civic Hatchback Sport MT in BLUE.

My 2017 Unicorn (Hatchback Sport MT Blue) is worth so much, it seems dumb NOT to sell it and buy a new one!

But here's the problem: I don't want the Touring model (ew, all that chrome) and the Sport doesn't have a TURBO. How much will I miss the turbo??

Anything else I should know about upgrading from the 2017 to the 2022?

11th Gen Honda Civic Sell my 2017 Hatchback Sport MT for a 2022?? civics
Sponsored

OP
OP
rosedraws

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can not find a single review of the base Sport manual. It's $5K more for the Touring, plus whatever it will cost to plastidip all that chrome. ?. That seems too high. But I'm used to almost 5 years of driving my zippy Turbo...

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
You'll miss it but I'm sure you will get used to it. I test drove the 2.0 and couldn't get past how slow it was trying to get up to speed.

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport 2017, Civic SI 2022 (this Spring)
I have the same 2017, Aegan Blue Sport HB as you, and like you, my dealer offered me an insane amount to trade it… But I’ve decided to loose the practicality and beauty of the hatchback to gain the SI amazing transmission and superior HP. Only A couple of months waiting, I was very lucky. My advice? Go for a turbo! You’re gonna miss it cruelly. Be patient, your trade in value will still be at it’s summit in a few months as the demand will still be high for any used or new car. Be patient and catch YOUR real unicorn! Your actual hatch is still as awesome as when you bought it 5 years ago. :)

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Here's a string started by a member that did drive one:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...t-vehicle-but-outrageous-dealer-markup.50090/

----

I have a 2018 Civic LX coupe with the 2.0 and manual. And a 2020 Civic Sport sedan with the 2.0 and manual. The 2022 Civic HB Sport has the same engine, transmission and gearing. But weighs about 200 lbs more than my coupe and 100 lbs more than my sedan. So should be a bit slower. Not fast cars. Really have to get past 3k rpm to get moving. But so much fun when you do.

I think this old review sums up my experience:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...st-drive-2016-honda-civic-coupe-all-you-need/

Last edited:
OP
OP
rosedraws

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a string started by a member that did drive one:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...t-vehicle-but-outrageous-dealer-markup.50090/

----

I have a 2018 Civic LX coupe with the 2.0 and manual. And a 2020 Civic Sport sedan with the 2.0 and manual. The 2022 Civic HB Sport has the same engine, transmission and gearing. But weighs about 100 lbs more than my coupe and 200 lbs more than my sedan. So should be a bit slower. Not fast cars. Really have to get past 3k rpm to get moving. But so much fun when you do.

I think this old review sums up my experience:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...st-drive-2016-honda-civic-coupe-all-you-need/
Super helpful, thanks!

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Super helpful, thanks!
Thanks. I corrected my previous entry. 2018 Coupe is lightest. Then 100 pounds more to 2020 sedan. And another 100 pounds to 2022 HB. Switching to some lightweight wheels and maybe downsizing to 17" will knock off a few pounds.

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
I saw that on another post… just made my decision even harder! But is it worth $5K more?
It really depends on if you want the extra features (bose, moonroof, heated leather seats, fog lights and etc). I have driven the 2016 civic 2.0 6mt, 2022 civic touring cvt (test drive) and my current 22 SI. You will miss the low end torque and the extra power from the 1.5 compared to the 2.0. However, the 2.0 is more linear and sounds a little better in my opinion. The 2.0 was adequate in my 2016 civic sedan but the new one is heavier as stated above. I think you should test drive a non turbo one before making your decision.

nothingclever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex with sensing
What the person above me said. Test drive the 2.0 engine and see if it is adequate. I want from a 2016, 2.0 to a 2019 1.5 Turbo EX and the confidence in accelerating and merging increased significantly. I wouldn't go back to the 2.0 engine.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
My 2017 LX Sedan with 13.7lb RPF1 rims is also about 200lb lighter then 2022 base Hatchback with same 2.0L powertrain. The difference is like having 1 big or 2 mall passengers along for the ride. It's not a big deal on the streets, but it would effect the fun factor when at the track.

Turbo guys aren't going to agree, but given the NA's intuitive nature and real vtec after 5800, after 90k (miles of driving) I've yet to have 1.5T out pull me in the streets. However, a professionally race tuned 1.5T Hatchback, on a cold day, has embarrassed me on the track.
Sponsored