• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si seems impossible to find at dealers?

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
I was tracking a blazing orange arriving in NJ a few days ago. It was showing as the only Si available in the state. Dealer said it was unclaimed but someone beat me to the punch. I'm seeing the same thing with the Elantra N, every state is receiving a ton, according to inventory NJ is getting zero. I'm hesitant to buy out of state because NJ MVC is such an ass pain to deal with.

I knew the shipping issues were real but isn't the Si being made stateside?
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I believe all 2022 Civic Si's and all Civic sedans in North America are made in Ontario Canada at the Alliston plant.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
The supply chain crisis/chip shortage is global, so all cars are hard to find right now regardless of where they are made.

Good luck, but be ready for a wait.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I believe all 2022 Civic Si's and all Civic sedans in North America are made in Ontario Canada at the Alliston plant.
Some are coming from japan. When my wife bought her 11th gen sedan the salesman said it was the first one he had seen from japan.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Some are coming from japan. When my wife bought her 11th gen sedan the salesman said it was the first one he had seen from japan.
Salesman info is wrong. What OGGsr said is right
With that being said. Supply and demand is high. Just place an order for a factory build and wait the 90 day turn around. Doubt there will be dealers that will have the Si on hand in the colour you want.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Salesman info is wrong. What OGGsr said is right

With that being said. Supply and demand is high. Just place an order for a factory build and wait the 90 day turn around. Doubt there will be dealers that will have the Si on hand in the colour you want.
So even if the car door sill says made in Japan it’s actually Canada?

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
There is a place in Hempstead NY that has a blazing orange. Only problem is they want 40k for it even though on their website it states the MSRP price. I’ve found that the few dealerships on the east coast that have cars available are asking crazy markups hence that’s the only reason they are “in stock” I found another blazing orange in the Boston area they wanted 37k. I ordered mine on Saturday November 13th and was told just this past week that they won’t have any information until mid to late January. The positive to all of this is my car will be MSRP.

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
There is a place in Hempstead NY that has a blazing orange. Only problem is they want 40k for it even though on their website it states the MSRP price. I’ve found that the few dealerships on the east coast that have cars available are asking crazy markups hence that’s the only reason they are “in stock” I found another blazing orange in the Boston area they wanted 37k. I ordered mine on Saturday November 13th and was told just this past week that they won’t have any information until mid to late January. The positive to all of this is my car will be MSRP.
I have read elsewhere on this site that another guy was told blazing orange production was going to be in early January so fingers crossed.

OP
OP
JerseyJerk

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
11th Gen Honda Civic Si seems impossible to find at dealers? Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.40.59 AM

Here's the blazing orange that sold on Dec. 30. It was the only Si I could find for the entire state. I'm just curious why NJ specifically isn't getting vehicles, while other states are loaded. It can't all be sales volume, NJ is the most densely populated state but IDK.

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.40.59 AM.png

Here's the blazing orange that sold on Dec. 30. It was the only Si I could find for the entire state. I'm just curious why NJ specifically isn't getting vehicles, while other states are loaded. It can't all be sales volume, NJ is the most densely populated state but IDK.
From my understanding dealerships just started getting 1’s and 2’s of cars that were allocated based on size and sales. The vast majority of these cars are pretty much pre-sold before they even hit the lots. The cars you are seeing still around are dealerships looking for crazy markups. Most everyone understands the situation with the car market right now so your 37k to 42k 2022 Civic Si marked up prices are just gonna sit.

RedLabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Si, 22 Tundra 1794, 21 F250 Lariat, 17 Type R
So even if the car door sill says made in Japan it’s actually Canada?
Interesting. Id say if the door sill says made in Japan. Its made in Japan.

Would be interested in more info. What car does your wife have?

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
Interesting. Id say if the door sill says made in Japan. Its made in Japan.

Would be interested in more info. What car does your wife have?
They go by the final build location and the percentage of where parts are built.
my old 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee was considered made in Canada as it’s final assembly was in Ontario with a 60/40 split between Canadian and American made parts.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
If the VIN starts with a J it was made in Japan. 1 is US. 2 is Canada.