• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Didn’t think I’d be tempted in its first year of production but here I am starting my look for an FL5 and man these dealers are brutal. Can’t get below 10k ADM anywhere.

I have a ‘20 SGP Type R I want to trade in and would most likely get around 12-16k on it but I’m not willing to use that just to get ahead on ADM. I just want to get a good number on my trade, show up pre-approved, and be out😭
how would you get that little on the trade in? Dealers can be stingy with their offers but thats comically low for a 20 type R
Sponsored

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
how would you get that little on the trade in? Dealers can be stingy with their offers but thats comically low for a 20 type R
I hope he means his equity on it. Like me I’m not willing to flush my equity to justify the ADM.

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP Type R • ‘23 CW Type R
Oh my bad I meant in positive equity. Currently own 26K left on the loan and getting 39-42 back on appraisals.

Dealers keep saying I can use the money to get the number I want OTD but I just want a good number OTD before the value of my car is involved.

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope he means his equity on it. Like me I’m not willing to flush my equity to justify the ADM.
Yep same boat. I just want to talk numbers and get a good one as if I walked into the dealer with no vehicle at all.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I would assume your loan terms are favorable since you bought the car within the last few years. Keep in mind the interest rates right now are very high and with that little of a equity you'll essentially be financing the entire MSRP at probably double the interest rate. Make sure to factor that into your decision.

I would personally wait it out as you still have a great car that is 80-90% of the FL5 experience (depending on who you talk to). If you still want one get it towards the end of the lifecycle.

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would assume your loan terms are favorable since you bought the car within the last few years. Keep in mind the interest rates right now are very high and with that little of a equity you'll essentially be financing the entire MSRP at probably double the interest rate. Make sure to factor that into your decision.

I would personally wait it out as you still have a great car that is 80-90% of the FL5 experience (depending on who you talk to). If you still want one get it towards the end of the lifecycle.
Great advice. I only ever use Navy Fed and never took the chance to see what else is out there aside from what the dealer offers.

I have two routes in mind. Keep the cash on the trade and start fresh with the FL5 or just keep what I have and wait like you said. Maybe hold for the refresh.

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I got mine from Beurkle at 4k over and my parents are locked in at 3k for the next one. I call bs. They are booked 12 deep so they don’t even have a spot in line. Who did you speak with?
You can call BS all you want, but here's a 'used' one that they tried selling to me instead of putting me on a waitlist. I say 'Used' because they bought it brand new to flip, but the next buyer will now technically be the 2nd owner.

https://www.buerklehonda.com/auto/used-2023-honda-civic-vadnais-heights-mn/75881693/

Clearly, the days of 3-4k over MSRP at Buerkle are over. They are definitely allowing you to join their waitlist with the caveat that you don't expect your car for another ~5 years. So, like I said in a previous comment, I think dealers who were selling cheaper earlier have caught on to how much other dealers were selling them for, and now they're jacking up their price. If Beurkle has a 12 list deep waitlist like you said, they have no real reason to keep offering it at 4k over MSRP, hence why they're now trying to flip this one for 63k.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You can call BS all you want, but here's a 'used' one that they tried selling to me instead of putting me on a waitlist. I say 'Used' because they bought it brand new to flip, but the next buyer will now technically be the 2nd owner.

https://www.buerklehonda.com/auto/used-2023-honda-civic-vadnais-heights-mn/75881693/

Clearly, the days of 3-4k over MSRP at Buerkle are over. They are definitely allowing you to join their waitlist with the caveat that you don't expect your car for another ~5 years. So, like I said in a previous comment, I think dealers who were selling cheaper earlier have caught on to how much other dealers were selling them for, and now they're jacking up their price. If Beurkle has a 12 list deep waitlist like you said, they have no real reason to keep offering it at 4k over MSRP, hence why they're now trying to flip this one for 63k.
The line is out 5 years beyond the run so at that point they are not available for any price lol.

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
Had a local dealer tell me 0 ADM over the phone but they do have a negotiable accessory package that I would have to purchase. Rushed into the dealer and they tried to hit me with 20k ADM + accessories. Talk about bait and switch...I have 9yrs experience working in dealerships and I've never pulled shady shit like that before.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Had a local dealer tell me 0 ADM over the phone but they do have a negotiable accessory package that I would have to purchase. Rushed into the dealer and they tried to hit me with 20k ADM + accessories. Talk about bait and switch...I have 9yrs experience working in dealerships and I've never pulled shady shit like that before.
sorry you had to deal with that. which dealership if i may ask?

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Name and shame!

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
The line is out 5 years beyond the run so at that point they are not available for any price lol.
I'm merely responding to you saying I made up what I posted. Buerkle is allowing you to be on their wait-list, and their price really is that high. Whether or not you'll ever get off of that wait-list is another story, but I agree, pretty doubtful if they're quoting 2028. Didn't stop them from telling me I can pay them a $500 non-refundable deposit to be on their list.

Something I've come to find in my ctr search - sales guys just make up prices. You can call call the same dealer, talk to three different people, and get three different prices. Some dealers did a good job communicating the price of a ctr with their staff, but many did not. I've called many dealers on that allocation map and have been given a totally different price than what someone else has documented only a day or two prior.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I'm merely responding to you saying I made up what I posted. Buerkle is allowing you to be on their wait-list, and their price really is that high. Whether or not you'll ever get off of that wait-list is another story, but I agree, pretty doubtful if they're quoting 2028. Didn't stop them from telling me I can pay them a $500 non-refundable deposit to be on their list.

Something I've come to find in my ctr search - sales guys just make up prices. You can call call the same dealer, talk to three different people, and get three different prices. Some dealers did a good job communicating the price of a ctr with their staff, but many did not. I've called many dealers on that allocation map and have been given a totally different price than what someone else has documented only a day or two prior.
Was calling bs on their part, not yours. They are keeping the one they bought on hand for that customer that wants it now, ie pay to jump in line.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Was calling bs on their part, not yours. They are keeping the one they bought on hand for that customer that wants it now, ie pay to jump in line.
It’s a capitalistic society we live in. I know we complain a lot (including myself) but it’s the reality.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It’s a capitalistic society we live in. I know we complain a lot (including myself) but it’s the reality.
I don’t think there is anything wrong on their part it was the $15k adm that was mentioned. There will always be a premium on immediacy but Im confident that those later in line at Beurkle are under $10k for sure. Beurkle is good dealer.
Sponsored