Sponsored

*The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

CG13

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
147
Reaction score
168
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
Thanks for the feedback!

I've removed the rain guard, and I also run a WOT under tray. I'll try the downpipe and turbo heat blankets next. FWIW, I push the car hard. In this particular example, I was driving 2:34 pace at COTA and still driving conservatively to reduce heat stress - early shift points and lifting off throttle in certain sections.

My next step would be WOT oil cooler and radiator, but I would hate to go down that rabbit hole only to find minimal improvement bc I have a bigger problem.
I guess I’m still surprised you’re seeing those temps on the first hot lap. My temps take a few laps to climb and with the OEM setup they would continue to climb until the system couldn’t pull the heat out. I wouldn’t see temps that high so quickly but all of this is pretty dependent on driving style, temps, altitude, etc.

I think you’ll see improvement from the WOT oil cooler. I’m running HEL that blocks some airflow to the radiator. I intend to go to the WOT system over the off-season.
Sponsored

 

johnny.silva7

Senior Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
104
Reaction score
196
Location
Austin
Vehicle(s)
(FL5) Civic Type R, Viper TA
I guess I’m still surprised you’re seeing those temps on the first hot lap. My temps take a few laps to climb and with the OEM setup they would continue to climb until the system couldn’t pull the heat out. I wouldn’t see temps that high so quickly but all of this is pretty dependent on driving style, temps, altitude, etc.

I think you’ll see improvement from the WOT oil cooler. I’m running HEL that blocks some airflow to the radiator. I intend to go to the WOT system over the off-season.
Only other explanation is trapped air in my radiator lines or obstructed air flow from the intercooler.
 

Vtec87pr1

Senior Member
First Name
ANTONIO
Joined
May 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
175
Reaction score
235
Location
VIRGINIA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
For anybody thinking of purchasing a CSF radiator:

I got a deal on a CSF radiator recently, and decided to install it before a COTA event last weekend. I used the standard Honda Type 2 coolant so I could have an OEM comparison.

The result: once the ambient temperature approached 90 degF, my coolant temp reached 239 before I could finish my first lap (not including outlap). The CSF radiator did absolutely nothing compared to OEM. Maybe it helps in cooler weather? It looks cool though...

My setup: Yokohama A052's, Pagid RST3 fronts, Hawk DTC30 rears, Adjustable ball joints, PRL intake, TSP downpipe, CSF radiator, and Mishimoto overflow tank.

1790648575321-kd.webp
Make sure you bleed really good the air pockets on the cooling systems. I seen ppl having temps issues cause of this i know @clubversion might know better about the same radiator you have. He also tracks with it in Florida.
 
 







Top