• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Track pads for the FL5 CTR stock Brembo calipers

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
I've been looking at track pad options for the FL5 for the upcoming '24 track season. Haven't been able to find applications from any of the trust pad manufacturers I'm used to running previously on my Evo 8 or M2 Competition when searching specifically on '2023 Honda Civic Type R' in their application searches. I did some searching tonight on various pad manufacturer sites, and I think I'm learning that the FL5 takes the same pads in the front as the Evo 8 did? (Carbotech listed a part number CT1001 for their front race pads, and while looking at that part number on a reseller's website, they showed those pads fitting on my old Evo 8, as well as other vehicles that run Brembo calipers).

If that's the case, I've got some tried and true Ferodo DS2500s in the basement that will work. Just wanted to see if anyone can verify my logic here.
Sponsored

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
Yessir, the FL5 runs the same front pad as the EVO 8,9, and X. Same pad as in the 2004-2016 STI's. I have an EVO X currently and two STIs previously. Longest lasting pad I've found is the Raybestos ST47, can also take massive heat on the track without issue. They are expensive now though. I've seen PFC08 for $208, and endurance pad and lasts long, and those have worked well in my STI's in the past, so long as you keep them in the proper temperature range.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
When I had the FK8, I ran Carbotech XP10 in front and XP8 in rear. If the FK8 and FL5 pads are the same, then here are the part numbers.

CTM1001-XP10
CT1878-XP8

I also called in and got a SCCA 10% discount.

OP
OP
EJHonda

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I had the FK8, I ran Carbotech XP10 in front and XP8 in rear. If the FK8 and FL5 pads are the same, then here are the part numbers.

CTM1001-XP10
CT1878-XP8

I also called in and got a SCCA 10% discount.
People either love or hate their Carbotechs. I was a PFC fan when a set of pads completely cleaned my rotors after a Watkins Glen / Hawk pad meltdown and shimmy issue. Finally switched over to Ferodo as they were cheaper and have been using them exclusively for years. That Carbotech part number may help me to figure out the equivalent Ferodo rear pad. Thanks!

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Based on peoples comments I saw on CivicX, the 2020+ stock pad material does use DS2500 compound and that seemed to be the case after my track day with the stock setup. You may not need to swap or keep the old pads as backups. Id recommend getting a more aggressive pad than the DS2500 if you have some track experience.

To confirm the items in the OP though, All FK8 pads work and it uses the same pads as the STI, EVO, and some GM cars, so they are readily available.

OP
OP
EJHonda

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on peoples comments I saw on CivicX, the 2020+ stock pad material does use DS2500 compound and that seemed to be the case after my track day with the stock setup. You may not need to swap or keep the old pads as backups. Id recommend getting a more aggressive pad than the DS2500 if you have some track experience.

To confirm the items in the OP though, All FK8 pads work and it uses the same pads as the STI, EVO, and some GM cars, so they are readily available.
I've run DS2500s for years and love them. I thrashed them on my Evo 8 and never had an issue. Thanks for the fitment confirmation - that helps.
Sponsored