• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
They're tougher than they look, but yes, and developing a solution for that might be tricky.
So on my EVO X I also removed the heat shield for the front brakes, and then I used DEI gold tape to wrap the rubber parts of the ball joints and tie rod ends, and also the brake sensitive sensor bits that you protected. Works fantastic and lasts just fine over the years. Cost effective and quick to implement too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
So on my EVO X I also removed the heat shield for the front brakes, and then I used DEI gold tape to wrap the rubber parts of the ball joints and tie rod ends, and also the brake sensitive sensor bits that you protected. Works fantastic and lasts just fine over the years. Cost effective and quick to implement too.
I've got plenty of the tape. Did you put it on your tie rod rubber bits too?

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
I've got plenty of the tape. Did you put it on your tie rod rubber bits too?
Yes. Any rubber that was exposed. Will be doing the same to the FL5 at some point. I also do this on the BRZ. Cheap and effective.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
This is just to slow down or prevent additional wear from heat?

Xian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance, Lotus Elise
I had a buddy who worked on my Evo 8 TT car, and after the 3rd set of Whiteline balljoint boots getting scorched, fabbed a nice little metal shield for them. Worked great from there on out.
I’ve done the same on EF/DC chassis cars… take a factory backing plate and use tin snips to cut it down to where it’s mostly open (to allow airflow) but can still protect ball joint/tie rod boots. IMO, it’s a solid long term solution vs tape/wrap.
Sponsored