• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The MOST ADM you would pay.

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '04 TSX 6MT, '12 MDX, '97 240SX SR20DET
Where I currently live in central MS, the local Honda stores do $5k over MSRP for locals all day long. A year ago it was $10k.

Received a call a few days ago. A Black and Sonic Grey are supposed to arrive this week.

I think there will be a lot of happy buyers in late 2024 unless there is another manufactured 'crisis' ;)
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Cross checked multiple dealers, especially local - and the best I've come up with is $5k over msrp. You might have the best chance at MSRP if the dealer has 2 or 3 sitting on their lot at same time. If they only have one, you're stuck at 5k over, it seems.

Last edited:

sevdev

Threads
Reaction score
Website
driftmerch.com
Vehicle(s)
1985 AE86 GTS, 1999 2.5RS Coupe, 2022 WRX Limited
Called a few dealers here in California to check if they were still riding their high horses and was able to talk down markups from as high as $15k to $5k without much effort at all. I'm committed to finding one at MSRP or not buying at all, so it looks like patience is paying off. It's a matter of principle for me and I don't like the idea of supporting anti-consumer/abusive business practices like markups. To each their own though...

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Called a few dealers here in California to check if they were still riding their high horses and was able to talk down markups from as high as $15k to $5k without much effort at all. I'm committed to finding one at MSRP or not buying at all, so it looks like patience is paying off. It's a matter of principle for me and I don't like the idea of supporting anti-consumer/abusive business practices like markups. To each their own though...
Make sure to pay cash to avoid interest charge or use your own credit union so that you don't get taken advantage there as well. All the best.

tingli107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STI, GT4
Most seem to be asking $5k ADM around me for cars that are incoming/here. I did get one offered at $3k ADM but that was maybe 4 or 5th on the waitlist. It's definitely coming down as just a couple months ago they were asking 10-15k. Car market in general is in big trouble right now and financing is just absolutely through the roof. Dealers are just slow to come into terms and dropping prices to reasonable levels.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
0 was my limit and I got it at the second dealer I went to. I didn't want the blue anyways.
The only catch is they wanted me to finance it but allowed a no penalty payoff, so I'll pay it off on the first invoice and that will be it. This was on March 3rd, so maybe things are changing in 2024?

watchmegrub

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5
Just started my search this weekend and called and emailed a bunch of dealers in socal. $5k mark ups seem to be pretty common now. Some are over $7k. But I'm still holding out for closer to 1k max. I've seen a few people on FL5 FB groups are getting 2500 over MSRP in socal. I think we just gotta stay patient, these cars are coming in pretty regularly now and mark ups will drop as inventory starts to sit...

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
I'm getting the feeling that Honda Credit is not only going to sell (they call it share) all my info and SS# but nail me with a finance charge even if I pay the car off on the first payment. They way the contract is worded, I think that's what they'll do even thought the sales guy at Honda said no penalty. So I know the first payment finance charge is the most .... payments are $900 so I'll probably throw away several $100 bills.
Sponsored