• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

@thesketchmonkey Fixed the 2022 Civic Hatchback

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Still not sure it would convince me to the 11th gen but at least it's more of a hatch and not a gran coupe. Pretty neat idea.

OP
OP
mforcino

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I think he wasn’t swapping anything out, just changing the shape. IMO he did a really good job. Maybe use real dual exhaust tips and there you go.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I see a VW Golf....and after seeing the video...he obviously inspired from that...people complaint about the 11th gen looking bland...what company offers blender models than VW...
Not to my taste.

Ardie

First Name
Arden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
And watch everyone complain that the boot is tiny and the car looks like every other hatch on the road.

the 11th gen hatch looks great as it is. I remember everyone complaining about the fake vents on the 10th gen for years so Honda gets rid of them and now people complain it doesn’t look like a 10th gen anymore.

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Passport
^-I totally agree with this. There would be a loss of volume in the hatch and that is not what they want. Being able to use doors for both is an advantage for production.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Not bad. But I'm digging the Honda version though. Not as much as my 10th gen, but it does look good!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I like the overall look of sketchmonkey but I'm not sure it would as practical as 11 gen nor add any cu. ft in the back(maybe less). Man, I miss the 43 cu. ft cargo of my old xB1!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I like both versions. I think Honda did a good job in making what amounts to a gran coupe hatch that is stylish and unique to the segment. The sketch monkey, while more traditional, looks good too, my only two changes I would've made to his design would be less space between the rear window and brake lights, and a deeper roof spoiler to sweep back the roofline a bit.
Sponsored