• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I bought my '22 Si in early December of 2021 for MSRP plus tax, title, tags and a $499 doc fee. It was a little over 30k OTD. The car is stock with exception of a TSP Stage 1 tune which I've been running on Map 1 or 2 and a CTR rear sway bar. The car has been tuned for most of my ownership. Here are a few thoughts of my driving and ownership experience over the past year:
  • This car is very economical and I've averaged about 34 mpg with mostly mixed driving. I've seen as high as 45 mpg on longer highway trips
  • 2nd Gear: I've switched to Amsoil MTF after some cold weather notchyness. As I've put more miles on the car the shifter seems smoother. The car is fully broken in and I believe the shifter and transmission/clutch engagement needed a little bit of time to "free" up.
  • Clutch: Crossing my fingers but the clutch still engages with no slippage. I don't drive like and asshole and try not to bang shifts, but I do occasionally drive spiritedly.
  • Paint: I DIY'ed a ceramic (Kamikaze) coating witch was pretty easy to do. The car is mostly garage kept and stays relatively clean on the outside but with 2 boys, the inside can get a bit dirty. I have a couple small chips from road debris that required a paint pen to cover. Typical Honda paint.
  • Handling: this car is very fun and engaging to drive and as some people have noted how stiff the ride suspension rides, I think it's a great handling car from the factory. I've put two sets of springs (Tein Spec H and Swift Spec R) and found the ride height was great with the Tein's but I hated how mushy the handling became. The Swift Spec R's were very close to factory OEM spring rates, but I had some noticeable front end clunkiness at parking lot speeds which drove me nuts so the OEM springs went on. I may eventually try the Spec R's again but I'm really enjoying the OEM handling right now.
  • Fun to Drive: the car is still a joy to drive and very comfortable. I still like driving it as much as I did when I first took delivery. Sure I would like a Type-R, but not at 80%-100% more cost than what I have in my Si. Sure prices will come down on Type-Rs but the Si beats the R for value, economics, and day to day livability.
  • Future prospects: I plan on keeping this car a long time and when I finally wear out the stock Goodyears, Michelin PS4's will replace them along with dumping the 28lb boat anchor wheels for a set of Fast FC04's or Enkei GTC02's.
-Jamie
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Thanks for the review! Sharing it with a buddy that’s been looking for one.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
No need to "keep fingers crossed" for the clutch... My 2017 Si shows no hints of slippage, FWIW (and I'm definitely a more aggressive driver than average)

Nice review. I'm (still) loving mine and plan on keeping it until the wheels start falling off. 🙂

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
^ My Fast FC-04 wheels weigh under 19 lbs in factory sizing, by far the best mod for these cars outside of tunes. I've run them for 12 months and very happy with them, I got the titanium colour which I love. Forge-like weight at an affordable cost, can't go wrong, flow formed casting makes them strong too.
11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts of a 2022 Civic Si Owner Over the Past Year wheelactual

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Good write up! I’m also at one year and 8000 miles and I agree on all points. I’m still looking for excuses to drive this thing. And since it is still basically a Honda Civic I don’t have to feel bad about taking it out all the time.

I just added a Whiteline rear bar and it made an already excellent handling car even better. Slight understeer bias has now disappeared and is now beautifully neutral. Hondata 250 tune has nicely spiced up the straight line experience. I love the FL5 but this thing is so darn good for so much less money.

Don’t wait on the lightweight wheels, they make a noticeable difference. I made my stock wheels my winter beaters. Nearly destroyed the summer Goodyears after a track day so some RE71s or Azenis may be going on the summer wheels next year.

I might play around with lowering springs next year but I will be very picky since the OEM setup is so good.

Last edited:

eDub13

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Nearly destroyed the summer Goodyears after a track day so some RE71s or Azenis may be going on the summer wheels next year.
How did the brakes hold up during the track day? I keep reading they over heat pretty quickly.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
^ My Fast FC-04 wheels weigh under 19 lbs in factory sizing, by far the best mod for these cars outside of tunes. I've run them for 12 months and very happy with them, I got the titanium colour which I love. Forge-like weight at an affordable cost, can't go wrong, flow formed casting makes them strong too.
wheelactual.jpg
That's a great looking wheel and I would probably get them in the black metallic color they offer. I wonder if they ship to the US from Canada.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a great looking wheel and I would probably get them in the black metallic color they offer. I wonder if they ship to the US from Canada.
They are a perfect wheel , lightweight and strong, nice design IMO, I've been really happy with them. Lots of people run FAST wheels in the US, they should ship to US or have US distributors. Cost will be pretty cheap for US consumers due to the exchange rate.

The FAST wheels site is www.fastco.ca , they recommend dealers that will ship to the US, I would try this one , they currently have a sales promo and are a reputable dealer here:

https://www.canadawheels.ca/

Last edited:

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
How did the brakes hold up during the track day? I keep reading they over heat pretty quickly.
They lasted about 2 laps before they stopped working, lol. Disappointing but understandable given the price point.

I bought a set of Carbotech XP10 for next time but haven’t had a chance to try them yet. They are well respected in the track community. Motul 600 fluid.

Hoping it holds up better because big brake kits are pretty pricey and I only plan to do one or two track days a year.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
How much do your desired wheels weigh?
They are a perfect wheel , lightweight and strong, nice design IMO, I've been really happy with them. Lots of people run FAST wheels in the US, they should ship to US or have US distributors. Cost will be pretty cheap for US consumers due to the exchange rate.

The FAST wheels site is www.fastco.ca , they recommend dealers that will ship to the US, I would try this one , they currently have a sales promo and are a reputable dealer here:

https://www.canadawheels.ca/
Thanks for the recommendation!

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
I highly recommend getting lightweight wheels sooner than later. The Motegis I have are 18lbs a wheel.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
They lasted about 2 laps before they stopped working, lol. Disappointing but understandable given the price point.

I bought a set of Carbotech XP10 for next time but haven’t had a chance to try them yet. They are well respected in the track community. Motul 600 fluid.

Hoping it holds up better because big brake kits are pretty pricey and I only plan to do one or two track days a year.
A good set of pads and fluid should be more than fine for the casual track day. I know quite a few guys that track their 10th gens on the stock calipers with just pads and fluid. I know Hawk Brakes is currently working on getting pads to the market for the 11th gens too.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed the transmission fluid to Amsoil MTF 5w30 very soon after getting the car, it works so much better in all conditions, particularly the 2nd gear notchiness.
Sponsored