• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Underbody Service Panel

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
When you do replace the bolts, put some antiseize on them.
Good call there too, haven’t had any issues yet with them coming out but with the grit that gets in there I could see that being an issue long term for sure
Sponsored

sashimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5
These screws are very easy to strip if you don't use the correct size phillips head. Fortunately they are also very cheap at the parts store. 90105-TBA-A00

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
These screws are very easy to strip if you don't use the correct size phillips head. Fortunately they are also very cheap at the parts store. 90105-TBA-A00
Right, I was gonna say. You need that chonky #3 philips head. I messed up a few of them on my first oil change before I went and got the correct tool, can't believe they use those under there.

I plan to use the impact driver for the next time + anti-seize when I put them back. Thanks for the PN!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
helps if you use an electric drill to break them free. I kept rounding them out using a hand held screwdriver. i greased them last oil change and they were still a pain in the ass to break free without using the electric drill.

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
I had same issue. Has to use impact. Saw future issues, so replaced with low profile shoulder bolts. They stick out a bit, but better than getting out impact every time. Or stripping them out.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
When I first noticed I am about to strip them, I used a bigger Philips head and managed to get them out...

Once out I never put them back in... got these off amazon with some plastic washers to ensure nothing rust

m6x12 304 stainless steel bolts

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
My FK8 and 17/20 Si had same screws no issues but man the ones on the FL5 are no joke. Got em out and coated in anti seize will see if it helps. Pain in a$$$$!
Sponsored