• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What is your setup for raising the car up for service?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Yep, you put about 1” on both front and rear jacking blocks. It’s tight, but it works. Check if they have extensions available, it’ll make setup less precise.
I had to use the 66” reach otherwise it wouldn’t work with my other cars.
Unless I did the measurements wrong wouldn't the 66" reach overhang both of the jacking points at the maximum? Can't you just slide the rubber block back to align it perfectly with the lift point?

Note that they changed the TLX to be 66" by default. If you have the TL or previous generation you likely have a 60" reach unless you have the extenders which take it to 66".
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
It seems like QuickJack changes their product line and naming frequently.

Does anyone know if the QuickJack 5000TLX would be a good setup for the FL5? It has the 66" reach which per my measurements the FL5 lift points are approximately 64" apart end to end.
I bought the Quickjack 5000TLX for my previous car and it works perfectly for my FL5 as well. The reach is a bit tight.

Reactions: CTR

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Unless I did the measurements wrong wouldn't the 66" reach overhang both of the jacking points at the maximum? Can't you just slide the rubber block back to align it perfectly with the lift point?

Note that they changed the TLX to be 66" by default. If you have the TL or previous generation you likely have a 60" reach unless you have the extenders which take it to 66".
Ah, I see the issue as you noted. I have the previous generation SLX and the reach was 60”, so for me it is a tight fit. Link for the specs on mine is below for reference:
https://www.quickjacklift.ca/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/

At 66” there should be zero issues. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
At 66” there should be zero issues. Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks for confirming! Not the easiest thing to get clear answers for when the models are constantly changing. Haha.

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
I'm using quick jack as well with the frame extensions. The extenders make positioning kind of idiot proof although it is a snug fit under the side skirt.

rempdoas

First Name
remteoosa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle
With the 66" reach, the QuickJack’s rubber blocks might extend beyond the jacking points at their maximum separation. This could make it tricky to align the blocks perfectly with the lift points. Your suggestion to slide the rubber block back to align it precisely with the lift point is spot-on. If you find that the overhang is excessive, adjusting the position of the rubber block can help ensure a better fit. It’s essential to consider the specific TLX model you’re working with. As you mentioned, the default TLX now has a 66" reach, while previous generations had a 60" reach. If you have the extenders, you’ll be covered even with the longer reach. QuickJack models often come with adjustable features, including extenders or different rubber block positions. These allow you to adapt to various vehicle dimensions and lift points.
Sponsored