• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What is your setup for raising the car up for service?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
How do you lift your car up for servicing (e.g. oil changes)?

Do you use a low profile jack and jack stands? Race Ramps? Something else?

I'm particularly interested in those that have Race Ramps so if you could share your experiences I would appreciate it!
Sponsored

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
My workshop has a low ceiling and I didn't feel like drilling. So I bought an eBay scissor lift that still allows full access to the underbody. It's been an absolute game changer for me. Highly recommend if you can swing it.

11th Gen Honda Civic What is your setup for raising the car up for service? 1000005364

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
If you've got 10'3 ceiling height you can get a lift in. I felt that Race ramps were too expensive for ramps and honestly the lift didn't cost nearly as much as I had expected. (way less than a lot of ADM's ;))

11th Gen Honda Civic What is your setup for raising the car up for service? 20240206_165803

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Low profile Race Ramps with the low approach extensions work well for me. Iā€™m stock height and use a creeper, and still have room to do whatever. Hereā€™s a pic of one ramp and one extension.
image.jpg
I have the same setup.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
If you've got 10'3 ceiling height you can get a lift in. I felt that Race ramps were too expensive for ramps and honestly the lift didn't cost nearly as much as I had expected. (way less than a lot of ADM's ;))

20240206_165803.jpg
Your garage must be long. I couldnā€™t do that at my house. You are right I check I on the price and it only 3,500 so it not terrible. Better than looking for three car garage.

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
Your garage must be long. I couldnā€™t do that at my house. You are right I check I on the price and it only 3,500 so it not terrible. Better than looking for three car garage.
It's just over 26ft deep which is pretty unusual. (Rest isn't nearly as nice.) The original owner was a brick layer and built the house himself to his own specs. I inherited a tall/deep garage and a ton of oddities that resulted from a bricklayer thinking he's also an architect, electrician and plumber.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Before I bought here I had an S2000 in storage. 1 yr of offsite storage was 90% of the cost of the lift.

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Same as others, 72" Race Ramps. Have used on 4 different cars, perfect every time, no complaints.

Item RR-72-2

11th Gen Honda Civic What is your setup for raising the car up for service? 1709936295081

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
i drive up a couple 2x4s so the jack will clear. lift at the front center jacking point and put jackstands on the pinch weld. you can use the rear jack point under the bumper to lift the rear.

don't like using ramps. usually they scrape or i feel i'm going to launch the car off the end. also the low profile ones are like $150 and i already have stuff that will work.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
5000 here as well. If you can get the extensions then do so. It fits on the 5000 but lining them up is important if u donā€™t have the extensions. I put a larger part of the lift block on the front car pinch weld (rolled piece of metal jacking point) than the rear since the car is nose heavy.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
It seems like QuickJack changes their product line and naming frequently.

Does anyone know if the QuickJack 5000TLX would be a good setup for the FL5? It has the 66" reach which per my measurements the FL5 lift points are approximately 64" apart end to end.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
It seems like QuickJack changes their product line and naming frequently.

Does anyone know if the QuickJack 5000TLX would be a good setup for the FL5? It has the 66" reach which per my measurements the FL5 lift points are approximately 64" apart end to end.
Yep, you put about 1ā€ on both front and rear jacking blocks. Itā€™s tight, but it works. Check if they have extensions available, itā€™ll make setup less precise.
I had to use the 66ā€ reach otherwise it wouldnā€™t work with my other cars.
Sponsored