• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vehicle Names

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Chatting with friends this weekend and someone asked if anyone named their cars. We all sort of paused a moment and then he said, “You know, like Eleanor, Christine, or the Green Hornet?” Everyone laughed when a younger fellow said, “I named my C6 Lightning McQueen!” Then to our surprise everyone started talking about cars they had named including current ones. I admitted that I called my 2006 S2000 “Hattori Hanzō Honda” or just “Hanzō” for short, and after the “Kill Bill” movies. It seemed like everyone had a name for at least one car in their past, and that it was usually from either a movie or TV show. No one said they had a car named “KITT” or “Ecto-1” – probably a sign of our advanced years LOL! Has anyone named their FL5, and if so what’s the story behind it?
Sponsored

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Mine's named Penny cause she's the most expensive car I've ever owned. Cost me a pretty Penny

bbrunty15

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord, 2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-03525
Shortly after I got my FL5 I met my parents for dinner and took them for a ride in the car. My mom knows when I was in high school and college I named my other cars. She asked if I had named the Type R yet. I told her I hadn't yet but it had to be a name that started with 'R' (for what I assume were obvious reasons). My fiancé and I tried to come up with clever names but came up short so far. After stepping in the car for the first time my mom suggested "Ruby" based on the overwhelming amount of red in the interior. The name stuck.

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
My FC4’s name was Scarlett (under the purple wrap it was Rallye Red). The FE1 is Eramis. I typically don’t refer to them as their names though, but instead as their chassis code.
11th Gen Honda Civic Vehicle Names IMG_4745