• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Ass? Sorry if I offended u
Not offended. You just don’t contribute anything with what you replied, and the OP wrote a solid piece starting a good conversation. There have been lots of complaints about the 2.0 engine, so it’s appropriate for someone who’s driven the car to talk about it’s power.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
It's very hard for me to wrap my head around a dealer selling a base non-turbo Civic hatch for $33,000. For the same price, I'd get an AWD Mazda 3 turbo with over 300 tq.
Or even a Kia K5. Come to think of it.. Isn't the GR86/BRZ starting at 28k? sheesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
Or even a Kia K5. Come to think of it.. Isn't the GR86/BRZ starting at 28k? sheesh
They do, but the interior and all the amenities are def. a step down from what we get in the new civic. The 86/BRZ is built for one purpose only, and that’s having fun driving it.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
They do, but the interior and all the amenities are def. a step down from what we get in the new civic. The 86/BRZ is built for one purpose only, and that’s having fun driving it.
That’s true. It’s not a very practical car to say the least. The backseats are non existent if I’m honest.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
So I don't get it....why is there a media embargo until 10/12 if you can go buy one of these cars in the dealers today???

So, I just drove my dream car, but I have decided to wait. :( :( Any suggestions on how to avoid dealer markups? Or is that something unavoidable as long as the shortage continues?
Yeah, my advice is move to Canada. They're required by law no higher than MSRP. Also, I feel the 2.0 is not a dream car, but the 1.5T Sport, ahem also available in Canada, sure could be!

Last edited:
OP
OP

bike_commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Powerful ???
Yeah, "powerful enough for me" I said. I have driven (and thoroughly enjoyed driving) multiple cars (Gasoline, diesel, and turbo diesel) in the past with power outputs below 120 BHP. But all of those had a manual transmission, and that's what made them fun. The few auto-transmission cars I have driven till now were all 200+ BHP, but very boring to drive. CVTs are even worse (though i have never driven the Civic CVT).
Stick shift does really make the difference for me personally to enjoy driving. I really don't care about going superfast.

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
At the moment my honda civic hatchback sport is worth $26k; bought at $22,200, used, 16k miles. I am super happy my car is worth more and tried looking elsewhere to see if I can scoop up a new sedan sport. The same issue is everywhere, here in Houston apparently people are paying $3k-$8k markup on SEDANS. Patience is key for sure, for example when gym equipment was scarce, now look at it, packed on shelves. I think December will be peak selling and car buying. Ports are operating at 60% capacity (working M-F), ships are waiting 3-4 weeks to UNLOAD (or berth), peak flu season is around the corner, have retailers even prepared for black friday?.... All this is adding up to a disaster holiday season here soon and I expect car buying to be at a peak here in 2-3 months. My plan is to tell my civic to Carmax at peak price assuming I can get $28-$29k and use my parent's car to wait out the shortage for a few more months since I WFH. I don't think buying at these insane markups is too ridiculous if your intention is to sell it, cause chances are it'll be worth more here soon.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
At the moment my honda civic hatchback sport is worth $26k; bought at $22,200, used, 16k miles. I am super happy my car is worth more and tried looking elsewhere to see if I can scoop up a new sedan sport. The same issue is everywhere, here in Houston apparently people are paying $3k-$8k markup on SEDANS. Patience is key for sure, for example when gym equipment was scarce, now look at it, packed on shelves. I think December will be peak selling and car buying. Ports are operating at 60% capacity (working M-F), ships are waiting 3-4 weeks to UNLOAD (or berth), peak flu season is around the corner, have retailers even prepared for black friday?.... All this is adding up to a disaster holiday season here soon and I expect car buying to be at a peak here in 2-3 months. My plan is to tell my civic to Carmax at peak price assuming I can get $28-$29k and use my parent's car to wait out the shortage for a few more months since I WFH. I don't think buying at these insane markups is too ridiculous if your intention is to sell it, cause chances are it'll be worth more here soon.
Obviously I could be wrong, but these shortages will probably keep going on for a couple more years. That's a long time not to have a car.

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
Obviously I could be wrong, but these shortages will probably keep going on for a couple more years. That's a long time not to have a car.
I agree, I'm no expert but people are saying the whole year of 2022 will be hard. We will have to see but I'm hoping the best! Would love my 2022!! Like all of us are.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Agreed. That's why at this point despite having both the ST hatch and new integra on my short list, I'm thinking of keeping my 19' EX coupe after my lease is up and paying it off. By time it's paid off in another 3 years, hopefully the shortages and such are over with and I'll have an entire paid off car as a trade-in. I've upgraded my car every 2-3 years since I've been driving, and this is the first time I'll be waiting because of how screwed up the market is.

OP
OP

bike_commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi there! I work at a Honda Dealer in the western suburbs of Chicago. We are selling orders at MSRP, no markup. The last thing I want to do is solicit but it seems like you're in a bit of a sticky situation with our local competing dealers and I want to help. Our next order allocation will be submitted 10/11, so if you're interested in placing a deposit on an order I would love to help you out. The exact color combo you want will most likely arrive early next year, if you are okay with the wait. Please let me know if you're interested and we can exchange info! :)
Oh, thanks for the info. I'll message you. I'm okay with a color like Silver.
Sponsored