• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

adc3132

@sheesh_and_destroy
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
I got one of the first Sport hatches back in 2017. It was a reliability shitshow. Try to get a 2nd model year if you can. If you can't wait, buy the first one that offers MSRP and no add-ons.
I feel like I've read this elsewhere too, just to rep the other side of the equation I had a '17 sport I put 70k miles on with literally like 3 oil changes and never did any other maintenance. I had zero clue about cars or anything at that point, ran it decently hard, and I had no issues at all. Granted I don't think I even really used the paddles much or hit redline, but definitely already had a bit of a heavy foot. I just think it's not going to surely be a dud when it's a first year model, and Honda will make things right if there are issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bike_commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How did the manual transmission of the new Sport Hatch compare to others that you might be familiar with? I read that it might have shorter throws and stiffer bearing support than previous Civics.
Yeah, compared to 10th gen the transmission has shorter throws I guess. Overall it felt great to drive. The clutch was the most forgiving I have ever driven. I released it too quickly at one point in 2nd gear at low speed and surprisingly it didn't stall.
Transmission is made in India btw and the engine in Indiana, according to the sticker on the car.

OP
OP

bike_commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's very hard for me to wrap my head around a dealer selling a base non-turbo Civic hatch for $33,000. For the same price, I'd get an AWD Mazda 3 turbo with over 300 tq.
I guess even the Mazda dealers would ask markup, because other companies except for Toyota seem to have even lower stocks in lots.
But anyway I am not considering the Mazda, the interior space and hatch are too small to be of any practical use.

Cl189

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Just got back after test driving the 2.0L manual Civic. Pretty sure I'm one of the first people to get to test drive the manual. So here are my first impressions.
1) The vehicle is just amazing. 2.0L engine is powerful enough for me, and with the stick shift it drove like a dream! Suspension, ride quality felt great too, even with the 18" wheels and low profile tires. Steering felt very direct and quick.
2) Lots of space in the hatch, especially with the seats down. Rear passenger space is great too, it's amazing how Honda has designed the interior space.
3) I really want to buy this car. The Boost blue pearl looks amazing too. But the dealer markup price is insane (USD 5,000). Dealer also had installed some other unnecessary stuff like Xzilon, etc, so the total price was USD 33,000. Absolutely ridiculous. The best the salesperson could do was reduce the markup to USD 4000.
4) Something interesting that I just realized. I didn't pay much attention to the instrument cluster while test driving. But if I remember correctly, the whole instrument cluster (speedometer as well as engine RPM) seemed to be digital, even on the Sport trim. I could be wrong though.

So, I just drove my dream car, but I have decided to wait. :( :( Any suggestions on how to avoid dealer markups? Or is that something unavoidable as long as the shortage continues?

PS: This will also be my first ever car owned. So any other first time car buying tips are welcome!

242988177_426533588811168_1692998487845289841_n.jpg

243654954_1121687071570966_7919765878608230667_n.jpg

243858203_446997850088212_8113362024990730107_n.jpg
Don’t go in with a f it I want attitude . I’ve only bought 2 cars first car was used. Paid too much. Second car I got was a new 2019 type r. Contacted them through their website because it was listed for Msrp. Different story when I arrived. Was asking 46,000$. I explained I spoke to someone online etc. They countered with 42. Stood firm at msrp and got it for that. But the market is different now with chip shortages. Shop around and don’t be afraid to negotiate. I wouldn’t pay over msrp personally.
11th Gen Honda Civic Test drove a Civic Hatchback Sport 2.0 Manual transmission Boost Blue Pearl - Excellent vehicle, but outrageous dealer markup! F953DB4A-B5E3-47D2-9A79-098B684A794C
11th Gen Honda Civic Test drove a Civic Hatchback Sport 2.0 Manual transmission Boost Blue Pearl - Excellent vehicle, but outrageous dealer markup! 1AE45F94-D0C6-4682-8402-88E83AC01B29

angelosorio21

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Just got back after test driving the 2.0L manual Civic. Pretty sure I'm one of the first people to get to test drive the manual. So here are my first impressions.
1) The vehicle is just amazing. 2.0L engine is powerful enough for me, and with the stick shift it drove like a dream! Suspension, ride quality felt great too, even with the 18" wheels and low profile tires. Steering felt very direct and quick.
2) Lots of space in the hatch, especially with the seats down. Rear passenger space is great too, it's amazing how Honda has designed the interior space.
3) I really want to buy this car. The Boost blue pearl looks amazing too. But the dealer markup price is insane (USD 5,000). Dealer also had installed some other unnecessary stuff like Xzilon, etc, so the total price was USD 33,000. Absolutely ridiculous. The best the salesperson could do was reduce the markup to USD 4000.
4) Something interesting that I just realized. I didn't pay much attention to the instrument cluster while test driving. But if I remember correctly, the whole instrument cluster (speedometer as well as engine RPM) seemed to be digital, even on the Sport trim. I could be wrong though.

So, I just drove my dream car, but I have decided to wait. :( :( Any suggestions on how to avoid dealer markups? Or is that something unavoidable as long as the shortage continues?

PS: This will also be my first ever car owned. So any other first time car buying tips are welcome!

Looking nice. The color isn't for me personally, but it does look good. Anyways just say no and call around that you want the MSRP price! Screenshot the website price as well and if they try to put the price up. You got the call and the screenshots to call them out that's what I did when I bought my 10th gen.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan

I preordered a Si without even knowing what it'll be (except color Blazing Orange Pearl). But made sure to lock in at no markup. Keep an eye on the honda automobiles website what is in transit to your area and try to put a deposit locking in @ MSRP.

OP
OP

bike_commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I preordered a Si without even knowing what it'll be (except color Blazing Orange Pearl). But made sure to lock in at no markup. Keep an eye on the honda automobiles website what is in transit to your area and try to put a deposit locking in @ MSRP.
Where do you check vehicles in transit? All it shows on the Honda automobiles website is "No vehicles nearby". Even the one that I test drove isn't showing up on the Honda main website.

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L

Hi there! I work at a Honda Dealer in the western suburbs of Chicago. We are selling orders at MSRP, no markup. The last thing I want to do is solicit but it seems like you're in a bit of a sticky situation with our local competing dealers and I want to help. Our next order allocation will be submitted 10/11, so if you're interested in placing a deposit on an order I would love to help you out. The exact color combo you want will most likely arrive early next year, if you are okay with the wait. Please let me know if you're interested and we can exchange info! :)

Ernie Acosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
I work for a dealership and I tell every I know…now is the WORST time to buy a car! Do dealerships have horrible customer service sometimes? 100% absolutely!!!

But there’s a flip-side too, I’ve seen alot of positive interactions as well.

It really does depend on these factors:
1. The store you go to. (High volume/low volume…I’ll explain later)

2. The sales rep you meet. (They’re trying to build trust and rapport. If that doesn’t exist, the deal falls apart)

3. The car. (I could give you a Lambo for $1.00 but if you hate it, what’s the point?)

4. The sales manager assigned to pencil your deal. (Sales reps have zero to do with your pricing. The sales manager is given parameters they must stay within and those parameters change monthly. The only factor the dealership has control over is how much they sell you the car for. Outside of that, it’s actually the leasing bank determines your monthly payment based on vehicle cost, term depreciation, money factor %’s, and residual %’s. Finance banks are easier to follow. Store sets cost, bank sets interest rate %’s. That determines monthly amount. Point is, the sales rep has almost zero to do with the amount you end up paying. His job is really just to help you learn about the car, then after the pricing is set between the store and the customer, the sales rep helps with the administrative stuff like insurance, getting the car ready for prep, etc. )

5. The finance manger you sign with. (This is usually where shit goes south in a lot of deals ?? some of them can be pushy yeah…to the point where sometimes shit pops off lol. Most people walk on deals because of what goes on in that office sometimes. I get their side too tho, they’re not just there for you to sign on the dotted line. They don’t get paid if that was always the case. They obviously work on commish too, so accessories and all those random extended warranties, naturally they’re going to try and mention that as well. They got mouths to feed too like everyone else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If just 1 of those factors doesn’t feel right…WALK OUT on the deal.

If you decide not to buy the milk in the supermarket because of the price, you simply put it back in the shelf. ??‍♂ You don’t need to provide a reason. Same concept.

TLDR
Now is the worst time to buy a car because there isnt much inventory. Every dealership will mark them up. No way around it. If you can afford to wait out the storm, you’ll get the car you want at/or below sticker soon enough. ??
Damn this was SUPER helpful, I’m planning on getting a ‘22 hatch soon here once they’re available in my area. I appreciate this so much! Now I have more insight on what to do.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
I mentioned to the salesperson about the website-price and I was about to show him the listed price on his own website. But he said "No dealer will currently include the markup on their website. That's how it is." This is really frustrating.
They always say "No dealer does this" when you ask for some reasonable, non-BS thing (like not adding hundreds of dollars of garbage add-ons). The only proper response is, "Thank you, I'll look for one that does." If you're in a dense enough area (or are willing to widen your search), you should manage to do so.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
My hatch was made in England though, so that's starting off on the wrong foot. ?
Those blokes in Swindon would come in after a night at the pub and ruin those hatches. Hopefully you didn't get those telltale scratches on your hood/roof from all their over-buffing.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Where do you check vehicles in transit? All it shows on the Honda automobiles website is "No vehicles nearby". Even the one that I test drove isn't showing up on the Honda main website.
After you build it it'll say search inventory at the bottom. Maybe they sold it already.

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport

Powerful ???
Sponsored