• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
I went to a Honda dealer today in South Florida and they had one Hatchback Sport Touring coming next week and they were asking close to 34k before TTL. That’s just too much for a CIVIC… I do one want though xD.
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I went to a Honda dealer today in South Florida and they had one Hatchback Sport Touring coming next week and they were asking close to 34k before TTL. That’s just too much for a CIVIC… I do one want though xD.
I wonder how much dealers will be asking for the si in a month or so now…. Any guesses

Lazyturbo

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, my advice is move to Canada. They're required by law no higher than MSRP. Also, I feel the 2.0 is not a dream car, but the 1.5T Sport, ahem also available in Canada, sure could be!
Do you have a source where it says dealers can't charge higher than MSRP in Canada? I live in Canada, and am not aware of this. ?

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
3) I really want to buy this car. The Boost blue pearl looks amazing too. But the dealer markup price is insane (USD 5,000). Dealer also had installed some other unnecessary stuff like Xzilon, etc, so the total price was USD 33,000. Absolutely ridiculous. The best the salesperson could do was reduce the markup to USD 4000.
Pretty sure in Europe it will cost about 35.000 Euro. The 10th gen 1.5T with the only trim available costs currently 33,000 Eur msrp.

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Golf R
Not paying a markup on a Civic LOL!!!!! What dealer? NAME AND SHAME.
Just wait. Wait until these are in the market from Carvana, Rodo, etc.
Wait until they NEED you. Do not buy this car now and if you do, don't pay a penny more than MSRP.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
We're still amazingly happy with our ($22K out the door) 2018 HB Sport 6MT, getting consistently 44MPG and not a problem yet! We're sticking with it!
? A perfect car to drive thru the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
Not paying a markup on a Civic LOL!!!!! What dealer? NAME AND SHAME.
Just wait. Wait until these are in the market from Carvana, Rodo, etc.
Wait until they NEED you. Do not buy this car now and if you do, don't pay a penny more than MSRP.
Yeah definitely not paying over MSRP for a civic… can definitely wait but how long is the question xD. The new hatchback is really nice but not worth the asking price from the dealers in SouthFL. I definitely would’ve gotten it at MSRP.

Dj_fridgelamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback
Just got back after test driving the 2.0L manual Civic. Pretty sure I'm one of the first people to get to test drive the manual. So here are my first impressions.
1) The vehicle is just amazing. 2.0L engine is powerful enough for me, and with the stick shift it drove like a dream! Suspension, ride quality felt great too, even with the 18" wheels and low profile tires. Steering felt very direct and quick.
2) Lots of space in the hatch, especially with the seats down. Rear passenger space is great too, it's amazing how Honda has designed the interior space.
3) I really want to buy this car. The Boost blue pearl looks amazing too. But the dealer markup price is insane (USD 5,000). Dealer also had installed some other unnecessary stuff like Xzilon, etc, so the total price was USD 33,000. Absolutely ridiculous. The best the salesperson could do was reduce the markup to USD 4000.
4) Something interesting that I just realized. I didn't pay much attention to the instrument cluster while test driving. But if I remember correctly, the whole instrument cluster (speedometer as well as engine RPM) seemed to be digital, even on the Sport trim. I could be wrong though.

So, I just drove my dream car, but I have decided to wait. :( :( Any suggestions on how to avoid dealer markups? Or is that something unavoidable as long as the shortage continues?

PS: This will also be my first ever car owned. So any other first time car buying tips are welcome!

242988177_426533588811168_1692998487845289841_n.jpg

243654954_1121687071570966_7919765878608230667_n.jpg

243858203_446997850088212_8113362024990730107_n.jpg
I had to go very far out of state to get one at a reasonable price and it took a while to get someone who was honest enough to make the deal happen over the phone. But I got one for msrp. Not a manual though. Be patient and check any distance on Autotrader. Maybe in half a year or so the prices will be more reasonable country wide

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Do you have a source where it says dealers can't charge higher than MSRP in Canada? I live in Canada, and am not aware of this. ?
No, I just read that bit from a Canadian resident on this site and took their word for it. However, I just googled it and the only thing I could find was the MVDA in Ontario which might limit dealers ability to mark up. If you're not in Ontario you might be SOL.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I'm also pretty sure Canadians pay a lot more for Civics than we do in the U.S. Because Honda sells less cars in Canada than the U.S. they insist on charging more. What's really horrible is this means less money in Canadians pockets for Tim Horton's coffee!

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Yeah, "powerful enough for me" I said. I have driven (and thoroughly enjoyed driving) multiple cars (Gasoline, diesel, and turbo diesel) in the past with power outputs below 120 BHP. But all of those had a manual transmission, and that's what made them fun. The few auto-transmission cars I have driven till now were all 200+ BHP, but very boring to drive. CVTs are even worse (though i have never driven the Civic CVT).
Stick shift does really make the difference for me personally to enjoy driving. I really don't care about going superfast.
I've driven tons of cars. Worked at a Lexus dealership driving every single car they owned from inception on a regular basis, Taxi Driver for 12yrs owning various sedans, been in the car street scene since the 80s. One of my car, I bought new (6MT Yaris) and put-on 179,000km in 2 years of ownership (Just an example of how much real-world driving I do)... Anyways, no need to defend yourself, you're completely right about the manual transmission when it's mated to a Civic.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I'm also pretty sure Canadians pay a lot more for Civics than we do in the U.S. Because Honda sells less cars in Canada than the U.S. they insist on charging more. What's really horrible is this means less money in Canadians pockets for Tim Horton's coffee!
Hard to say for sure, in the case with my 2017 Si it was $34k tx/pdi incl but it had features (LED, nav, 4 heated seats, etc) the US model didn’t. Seems we pay more/get more but not sure how other trims were.

As for Tims’ lol, well I guess its as good as most of the other cheap brown water being peddled out there but my Aeropress is going to pay for a new Integra one cup at a time Eh.

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Just got back after test driving the 2.0L manual Civic. Pretty sure I'm one of the first people to get to test drive the manual. So here are my first impressions.
1) The vehicle is just amazing. 2.0L engine is powerful enough for me, and with the stick shift it drove like a dream! Suspension, ride quality felt great too, even with the 18" wheels and low profile tires. Steering felt very direct and quick.
2) Lots of space in the hatch, especially with the seats down. Rear passenger space is great too, it's amazing how Honda has designed the interior space.
4) Something interesting that I just realized. I didn't pay much attention to the instrument cluster while test driving. But if I remember correctly, the whole instrument cluster (speedometer as well as engine RPM) seemed to be digital, even on the Sport trim. I could be wrong though.

So, I just drove my dream car, but I have decided to wait. :( :( Any suggestions on how to avoid dealer markups? Or is that something unavoidable as long as the shortage continues?

PS: This will also be my first ever car owned. So any other first time car buying tips are welcome!

243654954_1121687071570966_7919765878608230667_n.jpg
Hey there! Did you end up getting a hatchback?
Sponsored