• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Looks good, and both are left-side drivers!
(Note: That's 3 hrs 53 minutes 16 seconds in - wonder if they had to slow the tape to catch the "words"?)

Hytrax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M140i
Well, what is the difference between these two specs? I canā€˜t see any.
I think the sound of the cars seems pretty nice, better then the previous version.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well, what is the difference between these two specs? I canā€˜t see any.
I think the sound of the cars seems pretty nice, better then the previous version.
The only thing I could see was the amber side marker lights. And agreed re sound, they did sound pretty good to my ears. Of course itā€™s hard to be sure from just this video.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I don't think I've seen with ANY car this many shots of it and yet still no reveal, I know it's coming sometime by Summer but still there is so much about this car, so much content and yet no reveal yet, wasn't even this much for the Ford Raptor before it came out, the media was there, but they had nothing to cover. Here we got all the media coverage but no actual reveal yet

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Building up that hype and anticipation

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
My guess is that they know that the reveal isn't really going to offer anything revolutionary, so they're trying to drag out the hype. It's likely an FK8 with a new shell - still a great car, but nothing new.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
My guess is that they know that the reveal isn't really going to offer anything revolutionary, so they're trying to drag out the hype. It's likely an FK8 with a new shell - still a great car, but nothing new.
Honda has always improved the type r model after model. It's only natural for fk8 owners to be jealous of the new, new and try to downplay it. I guarantee this type r will be faster and better.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Honda has always improved the type r model after model. It's only natural for fk8 owners to be jealous of the new, new and try to downplay it. I guarantee this type r will be faster and better.
It sounds like you're not very familiar with the history of the model at all. The FK8 was a minor, iterative step up from the FK2 - the only major change was the introduction of an independent rear suspension instead of the FK2's torsion beam. Same dual-axis MacPherson front strut, same K20C1 engine, same 6-speed transmission. It's already been stated that the new Type R will retain the same 2.0T engine/6-speed trans and dual-axis MacPherson front strut for the third time. It's a great setup, but it's the same setup - by the end of this new model year, it'll be a decade old.

Many of us were hoping for some major change to the platform to make an upgrade worthwhile. I was particularly excited by the rumors of a hybrid AWD system for the rear wheels that would still be compatible with the manual trans. The current R can get a bit squirrely when you start adding tons of extra power through the current front drive setup - aside from extra chassis bracing, there's not a whole lot that they can do to improve things without a major paradigm shift.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
It sounds like you're not very familiar with the history of the model at all. The FK8 was a minor, iterative step up from the FK2 - the only major change was the introduction of an independent rear suspension instead of the FK2's torsion beam. Same dual-axis MacPherson front strut, same K20C1 engine, same 6-speed transmission. It's already been stated that the new Type R will retain the same 2.0T engine/6-speed trans and dual-axis MacPherson front strut for the third time. It's a great setup, but it's the same setup - by the end of this new model year, it'll be a decade old.

Many of us were hoping for some major change to the platform to make an upgrade worthwhile. I was particularly excited by the rumors of a hybrid AWD system for the rear wheels that would still be compatible with the manual trans. The current R can get a bit squirrely when you start adding tons of extra power through the current front drive setup - aside from extra chassis bracing, there's not a whole lot that they can do to improve things without a major paradigm shift.
I donā€™t remember which it was, but a new generation was actually slower than the previous gen as well. There was a top gear episode where they tested it, canā€™t remember which one.

I think that there was never a chance of getting anything too new this year, but it is still a great setup. Some more rigidity and refinement will be nice, as well as a seemingly massively improved interior if the base civics are anything to go off. I wouldnā€™t want the weight from an AWD system, but I think when it becomes electrified it will be a wicked setup.
Sponsored