• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vs GR Corolla

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Interesting. I can't help but feel like it's a win for the FK8.

I'm over the downplay Hyundais get (I don't want one but I respect what they do). Everything you read or watch discusses how it would be most at home on a track and least agreeable as a daily driver. Add those tires and.. duh
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
For pure driving fun (ignoring looks), no shame in owning either the Elantra N or Veloster N. Easier on the wallet too. Hyundai has come a long way. Too bad the Veloster N was discontinued.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The hard part with the Elantra N (well, two things): DSG vs manual, because the manual is "just ok" from everything I've read, and the aesthetics.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
The other hard part is aftersales service. The Hyundai dealers I've visited in the area aren't super fun to talk to, and it seems crappy sales/service experience is pretty common across the board.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Hyundai's build quality and reliability isn't the best either. I sincerely hope I'm not forced to buy a Elantra N

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I've also given in to the civic SI at MSRP mindset, along with saving up for a used Cayman or 911 over the type R at crazy markup

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Yeah, if I start to get tired of the WRX and can't find an MSRP Core at some point after test driving, I'll prob go to MSRP Si.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Overall seems like a fun car but Toyota may have dialed it in a bit conservative.
Seems like Toyota's style post 2000. Always leave something on the table, usually something really obvious.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
For pure driving fun (ignoring looks), no shame in owning either the Elantra N or Veloster N. Easier on the wallet too. Hyundai has come a long way. Too bad the Veloster N was discontinued.
I’d totally buy an N if it came in either i30 hatchback form or a sedan that wasn’t so extreme styling. I hate the Elantra N.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The hard part with the Elantra N (well, two things): DSG vs manual, because the manual is "just ok" from everything I've read, and the aesthetics.
yeah the manual can be a show stopper. I don’t like the manual in GTI or WRX. The ones in my Si and Sport hatch were such a pleasure to use. Same for the E46 and E36 I had.