• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well, I bit the bullet, and got the Wheels

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The OEM accessory wheel is a solid option. It's offered at a reasonable price point, looks decent, ~20% weight savings over the stock wheel, stock offset, and it's OEM. It's an OEM wheel manufactured by (or for) Honda, not sure what more you expect. Besides, if you get into ultra lightweight wheels the barrier to entry is high and most on this forum are not willing to pay.
All of your points are spot on. Even after I've already gone out bought "cheapish" 18" wheels for my winter setup I decided to buy the 19" OEM forged wheel. Once I run through the tire tread life on my 18" wheels I'm going to run stock 19" and offset year-round alternating between the stock black alloys and the gun metal forged wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
blu_fl5_ctr

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
I saw a tiger eye DE5 in the Kenwood area. Not my personal style, but I was surprisingly impressed with the color in person. I've also mulled the forged wheels on my CW, but am hoping to see more pics before I decide whether the cost is worth it to me. Can't wait to see pics here.

Foxtrot Lima Cinco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 CWP
Looking at these, too. Anyone know if they’re only available in North America? Couldn’t find them on the Japan, UK or AUS Honda sites.

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
Funny how people are now warming upto these and seeing them as a great deal now...I remember there was so much hate towards them when they first released

OP
OP
blu_fl5_ctr

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
THAT CAR WAS SOLD AT Columbia Acura- A white, and tiger eye came in that day, Tried to make a deal, but it was presold

TypeRturbo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yes.
All the same. These wheels are Honda accessories
Appreciate it! I own a CW FL5 and I’m pleased to know that these rims will fit perfectly to the stock tires. I’m contemplating to upgrade. Did you have to get new tpms sensor? Use the same ones from the stock rims?

OP
OP
blu_fl5_ctr

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
Appreciate it! I own a CW FL5 and I’m pleased to know that these rims will fit perfectly to the stock tires. I’m contemplating to upgrade. Did you have to get new tpms sensor? Use the same ones from the stock rims?
Yeah. I don't think they have the typical tpms sensors. If you go aftermarket, I understand you will have to use an tpms sensor.
Was pretty cut and dry. The tire shop charged me 150 to mount and balance

OP
OP
blu_fl5_ctr

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
They are like shark skin grey, they would look very nice on CW .

TypeRturbo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah. I don't think they have the typical tpms sensors. If you go aftermarket, I understand you will have to use an tpms sensor.
Was pretty cut and dry. The tire shop charged me 150 to mount and balance
thanks Bro! This is great info.