• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What’s your #1 Pet-Peeve??

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
It is more about what I dislike about electronic e-brakes. You have to depress the brake pedal and push down on the e-brake button to disengage it, if you don't press down on the brake pedal hard enough the e-brake will not disengage, that happens to me every so often and is just one more delay. With a handle it is lowered that is it, the car doesn't have to be on to disengage the parking brake. I also worry about reliability of the motor that controls the electronic brake, mine gets used 10-20 times a day. If I was a drifter I would probably like a parking brake handle , but I am not a drifter. I just like simple things.
I only touch the parking brake button when I move the car to park and don't put on my seatbelt. With seatbelt on, it automatically engages (using brake hold) and disengages. I only move the car without the seatbelt after I stop at work by my work truck, then move the truck to park my car in the same space. Yeah, occasionally I don't push the brake enough to disengage it. I just like that the parking brake is engaged almost every time I park automatically. (I also don't drift)
I did regularly use the foot parking brake on my old Dakota 5 speed, and could feel the cable stretched over time. I don't know how the electronic brake works, but I parked next to a friend one time and he saw my car lower in the rear as it engaged and asked me what I did. I said it's just the automatic parking brake.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
My number one most hated feature ahead of auto-idle-stop is this damn reminder screen at every startup...
5090A6B5-E0DF-417E-9B0C-A503C24D3200.jpeg
I don't care for that either! I guess it doesn't time out? I think it's funny when I buckle up my liquor in the rear though, and it shows up green!

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
One other thing! I had a 2001 Merc S Class and you could also push and hold the unlock to open the windows and sunroof. But on that, if you had the rear tilted open it would still lower and then fully open the glass. I wish the '22 Si would do that! You could also close everything by remote, but it was IR (like a TV remote) and line of sight. Aim it at the receiver on the door handle and it would work. Unlock and windows open was RF, like you'd expect. Of course by the time I owned it it was clouded up a bit and you had to be fairly close. Still better than using the backup key in the (now) hidden keyhole...

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Another last thing...LOL!!!
Heated mirrors are not luxury! That's safety! Just include them on all trims for crying out loud! My very un-luxurious work truck has heated mirrors because it's helpful!

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
All the rattles, 3k miles on the car and both seatbelt adjusters rattle, something near the glove box, and another by the OBD port. I hate rattles with a passion, although I expect them, not this many, this soon.
This

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
I don't care for that either! I guess it doesn't time out? I think it's funny when I buckle up my liquor in the rear though, and it shows up green!
This is such a useless feature for such a small car. My wife has a '22 Pilot and this would be much more useful for an 8 seater with 3 rows. Honda really makes you scratch your head with the choice of features across vehicles and trims.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I don't care much for the heavier steering effort of the Sport setting, so my individual settings are having the engine set on sport and steering on normal. I much prefer the lighter steering. My only complaint when using the car on Individual setting is that the idle-stop feature is not disabled like it is in Sport setting, despite the engine being in sport mode as part of the individual setting, so that sucks.

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The rattles. 3.5k miles and I have three (I've already been to the dealer to "fix them"). Also, the uncomfortable seats and no lumbar support for me. After a 6 hour road trip my lower back was numb. I'm selling this car and looking into other solutions unfortunately. I love the car otherwise

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Easy. The windshield wipers don’t work In weather below 25F. They function by moving but do not remove water from the windshield. It’s a terrible safety problem and I’ve reported it to Honda and the US Dept of Transportation.
There are a few threads about it here

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Have you noticed you can’t turn off the headlights if the engine is running?

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White 2dr, 2022 Civic Si 4dr White
THE DRONING FEEL/SOUND THE A/C MAKES WHEN IDLING OR AT A STOP, SOUNDS LIKE AN ENGINE SEARCHING FOR IT'S IDLE? ANYONE ELSES Si MAKE THAT FEELING/SOUND?

Dopeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Side mirrors leak water after car wash even after leaf blower causing water stains and no temp gauge. Paint imperfections in crystal black and oil leak on brand new car

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Side mirrors leak water after car wash even after leaf blower causing water stains and no temp gauge. Paint imperfections in crystal black and oil leak on brand new car
Acura dealer I went to said not to get black because of paint issues. The ILX in the showroom had drip marks in the paint job. I couldn't believe it.

Dopeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Acura dealer I went to said not to get black because of paint issues. The ILX in the showroom had drip marks in the paint job. I couldn't believe it.
Yup I’ve got what appears to be flat colored round spots under the clear coat which I guess is common in recent Honda paint jobs. I don’t want to bring it back due to the potential of them making it worse. I would rather hand pick a detailer on my own.

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Having to wait 3 weeks after the car has been built and ready to ship out when the plant in Greensburg is only 29 miles away !
Sponsored