• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you willing to pay for an 11th gen Type R?

What are you willing to pay for an FL5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
You gotta wonder why chip availability is so skewed. I know Honda's not producing lower numbers out of choice šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Honda is probably the most efficient car maker in the world and relies heavily on JIT manufacturing but itā€™s also an Achilles heel (likely due to reliance on a single source). Low-end chip (used in car manufacturing) shortage affects car makers in the lower totem pole because chip makers allocate more chips for the largest car maker. Toyota was able to mitigate the situation by multi-sourcing their chips and by virtue of being the largest chip buyer. Honda and everyone else is stuck in the middle. Tesla is an exception because it was able to redesign its chips on-the-fly to work around the shortage.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Honda is probably the most efficient car maker in the world and relies heavily on JIT manufacturing but itā€™s also an Achilles heel (likely due to reliance on a single source). Low-end chip (used in car manufacturing) shortage affects car makers in the lower totem pole because chip makers allocate more chips for the largest car maker. Toyota was able to mitigate the situation by multi-sourcing their chips and by virtue of being the largest chip buyer. Honda and everyone else is stuck in the middle. Tesla is an exception because it was able to redesign its chips on-the-fly to work around the shortage.
A lot of manufacturers also took on the ā€œTPSā€, just in time system, that ironically Toyota developed, which works great when resources are abundant, but have screwed a lot of manufacturers up, in this current environment.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yup.

Chinese lockdowns have had their impact on Honda. I swear if it isn't one thing it's another. When the Earthquake happened in Japan and inventory levels were impacted I feel like Hyundai/Kia market share increased.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I just wanted to make sure that we didn't misattribute sales volume to consumer demand vs market availability. It would be the same to others looking at FL5 sales vs FK8 sales looking at numbers alone.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I dunno, I hate these markups with a passion, but I think Iā€™d prefer that over $8/gallonā€¦
I'd happily pay $8/gallon instead of a markup. There will also be much fewer SUVs and brodozers on the road, so more room for me!

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I'd happily pay $8/gallon instead of a markup. There will also be much fewer SUVs and brodozers on the road, so more room for me!
You'll get both.... markups and $8/gallon gas. Moms w 2 kids will still just have to have a suv that seats 10, and Bubba will still drive a TRX or Raptor w a pair of giant RED trucknutz dangling from the rear.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
You'll get both.... markups and $8/gallon gas. Moms w 2 kids will still just have to have a suv that seats 10, and Bubba will still drive a TRX or Raptor w a pair of giant RED trucknutz dangling from the rear.
:'(

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Itā€™s $2.97/gal last I checked. People love trucks around here; itā€™s actually odd not to own a truck.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
For me I appreciate ppl in big trucks. Makes it easy to see who to stay the F away from.

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
True, but gone now are the days of walking in and negotiating a price with a dealer on these 'enthusiast' cars... at least for a while.

The thought of even paying 'close' to the retail (RRP / MSRP) for a car was unheard of even a year ago.. The dealers are LOVING it.

That said we pay so much for a lot of our cars compared to the US, technically it's already above MSRP by the time it gets to Australia.

You also have to factor in the markup prices the yanks have to pay. 55K U.S.D is equal to 80,741.38 Australian Dollars. I rather have a fixed price than to buy off dealers who can mark it up to what ever figure they like. My dealer told me it would be around 65K plus or high 60's AUD which is around 44K U.S.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
You also have to factor in the markup prices the yanks have to pay. 55K U.S.D is equal to 80,741.38 Australian Dollars. I rather have a fixed price than to buy off dealers who can mark it up to what ever figure they like. My dealer told me it would be around 65K plus or high 60's AUD which is around 44K U.S.
The markup was exactly what this comment (and previous comments) were referring to šŸ˜€ Yep - just saying that we pay a bit (or a lot depending on the car) more than US MSRP already, so technically we have a bit of markup baked in, from a consumer side, compared to MSRP.

Curt R

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport Touring Civic, 2020 Aspec RDX, 2007 S20
I'm a sales manager at a dealership. WILDE Honda We are(were) selling Si and Type R at MSRP. Not sure if we'll fill orders we currently have and everyone understands. I assume half are planning on flipping themselves for a profit. This does bother me a bit. Perhaps to be able to acquire a Type R new you have to have owned or built another notable Honda/Acura.?
Just an idea...

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Delete this thread. The dealers are here. Since we've admitted to accepting 10-20k over, they are now gonna be 20-30k over. Delete delete!
Sponsored