• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you willing to pay for an 11th gen Type R?

What are you willing to pay for an FL5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I'm a sales manager at a dealership. WILDE Honda We are(were) selling Si and Type R at MSRP. Not sure if we'll fill orders we currently have and everyone understands. I assume half are planning on flipping themselves for a profit. This does bother me a bit. Perhaps to be able to acquire a Type R new you have to have owned or built another notable Honda/Acura.?
Just an idea...
An interview process sounds interesting, and I'd be up for that, but what if you've never owned another Honda product before? Seems punishing to younger buyers and newer people to the brand (like me).

Curt R

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport Touring Civic, 2020 Aspec RDX, 2007 S20
I'm a sales manager at a dealership. WILDE Honda We are(were) selling Si and Type R at MSRP. Not sure if we'll fill orders we currently have and everyone understands. I assume half are planning on flipping themselves for a profit. This does bother me a bit. Perhaps to be able to acquire a Type R new you have to have owned or built another notable Honda/Acura.?
Just an idea...
Clarification "were" is because I don't believe we can fulfill all the orders. Prior years we had to refund deposits for unfulfilled orders. Still can place one... who knows what we'll get.

Curt R

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport Touring Civic, 2020 Aspec RDX, 2007 S20
An interview process sounds interesting, and I'd be up for that, but what if you've never owned another Honda product before? Seems punishing to younger buyers and newer people to the brand (like me).
Maybe a test perhaps or better yet... driving ability! Must be able to pull off a certain lap time. That would be awesome. But doubtful the insurance would allow that...

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a test perhaps or better yet... driving ability! Must be able to pull off a certain lap time. That would be awesome. But doubtful the insurance would allow that...
Sadly, I bet plenty of scumbags are also plenty quick around a track.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just an idea...
I bought a used Accord with you guys about 4-5 years ago, great experience, glad you all are doing it right. I do like the idea of having a Honda history though...

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Yeah gonna go out on a limb and say it's just gonna be whoever pays the most for it. Cool sentiment but no.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Supply and demand. Could be why your country is only getting 300 over 3 years...
Honda makes the same amount of money per car regardless of what country they sell to. It’s the greasy greedy dealers in the states that pocket the extra cash.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just an idea...
I wonder if you could do a no-resale contract like what Ford did for the 2017 Ford GT (link). I wouldn't mind signing some sort of contract where I can't resell the car for a certain duration of time. Personally, I plan on keeping this car forever.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just an idea...
Curt don't tempt me to drive all the way from Atlanta just to buy a Type R from you.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
You gotta wonder why chip availability is so skewed. I know Honda's not producing lower numbers out of choice 🤷‍♂️
Its not even just chip shortages manufactures are dealing with now. Plants are temporarily halting production because of general parts availability issues. JIT Manufacturing is great for saving money on an accounting spreadsheet but can absolutely destroy productivity if not careful.

https://insideevs.com/news/570472/ukraine-crisis-stops-vw-evproduction/
https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-production-to-be-scaled-back-at-four-u-s-assembly-plants/

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Also not allowed to markup here in Canada. However, dealers with force add-ons to increase the price and get their cookie since limited production.

Personally, don't like it, since Honda can easily have US plant also make Type-R and flood the market with it. Even better, put Type-R parts into Sedan and have Canadian plant also make Sedan version.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
What I don't understand is.... why doesn't Honda just price this car at 60k and pocket all the profits themselves? Since supply is so limited, people will still buy them. Dealers can suck it.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
What I don't understand is.... why doesn't Honda just price this car at 60k and pocket all the profits themselves? Since supply is so limited, people will still buy them. Dealers can suck it.
C'mon guys. Itd mean the car would be $70-80k at dealerships. Bitching about this is like bitching about taxes and death, they are all inevitable and will not change. Dealers CAN suck it, but they are gonna make sure YOU suck it too

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Honda could sell directly to consumers, made them to order, and charged $50k flat, I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to pay (me included). Sadly, that's not the case. Too many people in the middle who add nothing other than wasted time and frustration.
Sponsored