• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Championship White!

I really like the concave these have and for the price/weight/strength it seems hard to beat. Ill make sure to post pics when they're mounted up.
Are they the same size as the OEM wheel? CW. If so ? May I ask what brand and where you got them. Looking for the same size so I can use my OEM tires that came with the car !
Thanks
Sponsored

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
:lol:

In short, the PRL P700 has a LOT of unrecognized potential here as we are currently working within the limitations of the factory fueling system. Another 100+ WHP would be nothing if the fuel was there. However to gain all of this ability up top you do sacrifice torque down low with a slower spool. We are exploring some further testing with a smaller turbo that we expect to perform better overall when working within the bounds of the factory fuel system.
Thanks for the explanation. Cant wait to see what you find out works best with the stock fuel system as a drop in upgrade!

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Are they the same size as the OEM wheel? CW. If so ? May I ask what brand and where you got them. Looking for the same size so I can use my OEM tires that came with the car !
Thanks
They are not the same size, I went down to 18s and will need new tires for them. The are the Superspeed RF03RR

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
@Icehawk You may find this interesting. This should give you all the noise you can handle.;) I can only imagine what this sounds like with the engine under load.

Dyno results! Need some evidence above perception. Foam filters work fine for dirty conditions, but not always better.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Finally put my new (old) plates on, I got the paperwork done yesterday but could see my plates were going to scratch the car w/o a proper setup. Was going to get a new customized plate but they said it was a 3mos wait so I just used the one I had before.

I bought this silicone surround which holds the plate and gives 100% protection from the metal:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV5PLFM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Then I put a cheap $20 CF surround over it all which I had from prior cars. Got the CF look but the rubberized protection going.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3697

Waiting for the post office to drop off my acuity collar tonight, then I can mount up the Overland boot.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3699

Overland shift boot. Very nice BUT please note it's designed around the OEM shift boot retainer, I tried to use an Acuity and it won't work without bunching as the Acuity is much narrower than the OEM one.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
IMG_3699.jpeg

Overland shift boot. Very nice BUT please note it's designed around the OEM shift boot retainer, I tried to use an Acuity and it won't work without bunching as the Acuity is much narrower than the OEM one.
I will vouch for this as well. The Acuity collar is quite a bit smaller than the OEM one. I tried for over 2 hours to minimize the bunching and ended up cutting a couple notches in the Overland boot and making two smaller folds on each side of the stitching towards the wireless charger. It is not perfect but you have to be looking for it to notice.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20230515_140201

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20230515_140225

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I went back to the sales page and it's pretty clear the boot is meant for the OEM collar; I just didn't know the Acuity would be different. I emailed Overland that they might want to call that out specifically and... would it be possible to get a narrower necked one? I really wanted that red trim ring for a pop of color down there.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I went back to the sales page and it's pretty clear the boot is meant for the OEM collar; I just didn't know the Acuity would be different. I emailed Overland that they might want to call that out specifically and... would it be possible to get a narrower necked one? I really wanted that red trim ring for a pop of color down there.
Yeah, I was surprised when I installed the Acuity collar and there was such a major difference in sizing. I noticed on one of Honda Pro Jason's post that his Overland boot and Acuity collar had a pinch in the fabric as well, so I just tried to minimize as much as possible.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
That type of thing is what will drive me nuts even though I got the Acuity really close, just two tiny wrinkles, so I used the OEM collar. If I could score a red OEM collar for a reasonable amount I would but as far as I can tell you need to buy an entire FK8 shift boot assembly to get one. You'd think it would be sold separately for repairs but if so I can't figure out the part #.

I'll use the Acuity on my wife's Si, I'm going to move the CTR knob over there and I ordered her a nice leather boot from a vendor I've used for my Miatas (Redline Accessories). The stock boot is such cheap garbage and her retaining collar doesn't work anymore so at least I don't need to return it.

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
IMG_3699.jpeg

Sounds like you bought just the boot then, not the boot with the mount they sell? How hard was the install?