Sponsored

damage

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
95
Reaction score
34
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Getting tires mounted and balanced from home while I work.

Gave me the best price for a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 275/35ZR18. Probably saved me a few hundred dollars compared to going through Tire Rack or taking them to get installed at a local shop. Hit him up if you are in SoCal if you're around OC, LA, and the Inland Empire.

https://www.instagram.com/kb.tiresnwheels/
Well shit. I bought the same exact tires from Tirerack. How much did you pay for a set of 4? How much does he charge for mounting and balancing?
Sponsored

 

Chilly613

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
1,455
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Well shit. I bought the same exact tires from Tirerack. How much did you pay for a set of 4? How much does he charge for mounting and balancing?
I got all 4 for $1150 and its free mounting, balance and install when bought through him, but I only had him mount and balance. I installed them myself since I had to remove my spacers I was running with the stock wheels.

Some places were charging $1400+ with install.
 
Last edited:

damage

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
95
Reaction score
34
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I got all 4 for $1150 and its free mounting, balance and install when bought through him, but I only had him mount and balance. I installed them myself since I had to remove my spacers I was running with the stock wheels.

Some places were charging $1400+ with install.
Hmm I paid $1083 at tirerack. Local tire shop I believe charges $150 to mount and balance so about $1233 total. I wonder how much this guy would charge for just the mounting/balancing then.
 

Chilly613

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
1,455
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Hmm I paid $1083 at tirerack. Local tire shop I believe charges $150 to mount and balance so about $1233 total. I wonder how much this guy would charge for just the mounting/balancing then.
That's still pretty good. I can only assume pricing is reasonable for just mounting and balancing, plus you have the convenience of scheduling him to be able to come wherever you are.
 


DVH

Member
First Name
Derek
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
30
Reaction score
75
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
Winter finally coming to an end in Saskatoon, SK, so finally able to install some parts that have been sitting.
Past weekend installed the folowing:
HKS Hi Power exhaust
RV6 frontpipe
27 WON catted downpipe
Overall, super happy with outcome and install was straight forward, best of all, no broken turbo studs. Down pipe didnt take long to throw P0139 CEL (200 kms). I just ended up tuning the code out. I'll be going Pherable once intercooler is installed.
Next week install includes:
HKS intercooler with piping and Acuity shifter linkage bushings.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20260502_111648


11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20260502_152737


11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20260502_152730


11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20260502_153752
 

TheFactor

Senior Member
First Name
Factor
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
1,224
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW Civic Type R
Winter finally coming to an end in Saskatoon, SK, so finally able to install some parts that have been sitting.
Past weekend installed the folowing:
HKS Hi Power exhaust
RV6 frontpipe
27 WON catted downpipe
Overall, super happy with outcome and install was straight forward, best of all, no broken turbo studs. Down pipe didnt take long to throw P0139 CEL (200 kms). I just ended up tuning the code out. I'll be going Pherable once intercooler is installed.
Next week install includes:
HKS intercooler with piping and Acuity shifter linkage bushings.

20260502_111648.webp


20260502_152737.webp


20260502_152730.webp


20260502_153752.webp
Nice choices !
How do you like your
HKS exhaust?
 

DVH

Member
First Name
Derek
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
30
Reaction score
75
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
Nice choices !
How do you like your
HKS exhaust?
I had legamax on my fk8 and loved it. So it was a brainer for me, love the two tip look and trying to keep most parts JDM.
Only complaint is that it tapers down at the front pipe joint. If I really care later, during winter storage, I'll take the mid pipe out and bring to exhaust shop to weld in the right size to mate up with the RV6 front pipe.
As for sound, this in my opinion is so subjective, but i do love how it sounds and there is some drone. Tolerable though.
 

TheFactor

Senior Member
First Name
Factor
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
1,224
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW Civic Type R
I had legamax on my fk8 and loved it. So it was a brainer for me, love the two tip look and trying to keep most parts JDM.
Only complaint is that it tapers down at the front pipe joint. If I really care later, during winter storage, I'll take the mid pipe out and bring to exhaust shop to weld in the right size to mate up with the RV6 front pipe.
As for sound, this in my opinion is so subjective, but i do love how it sounds and there is some drone. Tolerable though.
That’s a sexy exhaust and can see why you love it so much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DVH


marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
242
Reaction score
191
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
Need to cut the bolts down on the plate holder, but thats nbd.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 1778369437636-an
 

marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
242
Reaction score
191
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
Need to cut the bolts down on the plate holder, but thats nbd.
1778369437636-an.webp
this didnt work. the combination of the thickness of the material and the glue (probably also the amount) i used made it so the grille didnt clip in properly. i decided to just "return it to stock" with the licence plate mount still on there.

edit: shoulda bought the premade thing ig. lol
 

Xmetal

Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
341
Reaction score
378
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S3
I went with Taketwo's option. It's pretty solid. In hindsight, I probably should've gotten a picture holding it up next to the OEM wing for comparison, but I was honestly afraid of dropping it lol. They are based in Austrailia, and I am not sure if they just resell Create Carbon's stuff, but the center console came in it's own packaging and the door panel trim came in Create Carbon's packaging. Either way, Taketwo had cheaper prices and shipping was pretty quick
Thanks for the review and link to the carbon console! These are on sale (27% off) right now...so naturally, I can't resist and had to ordered one :D Looks like they (TakeTwo) are just drop-shipping this directly out from the factory in China even though they're based in Australia. We shall see how quickly it will get here.
Sponsored

 
 







Top