• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Finally got it tinted. Just the side windows, I don't like to do the rear as I don't have the best night vision and there is no way I'd risk a front window - optical blemishes drive me nuts. Ceramic whatever, super cheap because Miami.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 4-29-23 Tinted F

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 4-29-23 Tinted R

Car has been washed, de-ironed, clay towelled - hopefully tomorrow morning I'll get any water spots off and do some light polishing prior to a graphene coating.

Made a template for a mesh insert for the front wheel vents but couldn't get the push pins out, I'll pop $10 for a proper puller.
Sponsored

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
That looks really good. What percent did you go with? I like that the front is a little lighter.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
That looks really good. What percent did you go with? I like that the front is a little lighter.
Thank you.

My receipt says "Ceramic 20%". The car has a light tint from the factory with more on the rear windows. The hatch has a tint as does the windshield, part of the reason I skipped them.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Absolutely nothing rain, cold,I'm in the midwest and it sucks.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Saaaaaame. Getting annoyed with these rather unseasonal on again / off again cold+wet spells.
I'm in the Chicagoland area and a coffee joint aurora Illinois, started their cars and coffee last week Sunday......it was bearable for about a hour.....well my fl5 finally goes in for ppf and ceramic this Tuesday..purchased it in dec....only have 500 miles on it....midwest life I guess....lol have a good one.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Today nothing, but yesterday we gave a Nismo 370z the business lol 🤣 We were cruising 85 North when he pulled up on us, needless to say he got gapped TWICE (well hubby did and I was riding passenger gripping the oh shit bar the entire time lol) Buddy couldn’t hang. The CTR lives for this!! Anybody else getting challenged out there like this?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Today nothing, but yesterday we gave a Nismo 370z the business lol 🤣 We were cruising 85 North when he pulled up on us, needless to say he got gapped TWICE (well hubby did and I was riding passenger gripping the oh shit bar the entire time lol) Buddy couldn’t hang. The CTR lives for this!! Anybody else getting challenged out there like this?
Challenged often! I've yet to run though.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm in the Chicagoland area and a coffee joint aurora Illinois, started their cars and coffee last week Sunday......it was bearable for about a hour.....well my fl5 finally goes in for ppf and ceramic this Tuesday..purchased it in dec....only have 500 miles on it....midwest life I guess....lol have a good one.
I got my car in mid Feb and I have only about 680 miles on mine, if it makes you feel better. Lol! I work from home, but I’ve been getting it out and driving it on about every nice occasion I can. I just got ppf and tint last week, so that helps my paranoia with getting out on the highway a bit more. The early part of this week is looking pretty dismal overall and the ppf and ceramic need time to cure. Warm weather helps with that. Hopefully by this weekend the cold will be gone for good.

Last edited: