• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Here are my contributions for the day.

1. FlapFab Stone Guards - Several options for this type of product - DIY, Sukeban, ALPLUS Aero Guards, FlapFab Stone Guards, and I'm sure I'm missing others. This doesn't provide maximum coverage but I'm happy with them.

1000014885_edited.jpeg
1000014978_edited.jpeg

2. JDM Rear Seats - I'm very pleased with how these turned out. The rear seats now match the suede-like material used for the front seats. OEM product = OEM fitment. @urbo73 Thanks for cross-checking my list and recommending I add the hardware. While I didn't need to use it, I'm glad I had it.

1000014941_edited.jpeg

1000014971_edited.jpeg
20230922_174304.jpg
20230922_173909.jpg

3. EDM Headlights - These headlamps are largely the same as the JDM version with the exception of the beam pattern. Sayōnara to the orange reflectors.

Before:
1000014891_edited.jpeg

After:
1000014965_edited.jpeg

1000014921_edited.jpeg
1000014922_edited (1).jpeg
I think I want to swap the rear seats from another model civic to gain a middle seat. I assume it’s the same procedure. Did you have an install guide to follow? Also how do you get to the trunk light? Would like to replace it with a LED bulb.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I think I want to swap the rear seats from another model civic to gain a middle seat. I assume it’s the same procedure. Did you have an install guide to follow? Also how do you get to the trunk light? Would like to replace it with a LED bulb.
I did not have access to an installation guide. I started to size up the job and realized, like most of my installs, it would be better to have someone who is skilled take care of it. I took it to an upholstery shop and they had the back seats out in less than 10 minutes. I left the back seats and returned first thing in the morning the next day to have them reinstall. @urbo73 tackled this job solo so may have resources to share.

As for the LED light, that's the JDM OEM LED Room Lamp. It's a very simple install. You can use a flathead screwdriver to pop the light housing out. Once out you simply replace the bulb. There's another LED light not pictured you may be interested in. The installation isn't nearly as simple, but they compliment each other nicely. They're both OEM so no weird fitment or quality issues. See this post.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I was able to meet Javier from Hondata today at the Honda Marysville meetup, and I had him perform a jailbreak and flash--I went with their basic 93 Octane tune for now, and I'm very pleased so far!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I was able to meet Javier from Hondata today at the Honda Marysville meetup, and I had him perform a jailbreak and flash--I went with their basic 93 Octane tune for now, and I'm very pleased so far!
Congrats! Any initial impressions you can share? Any issues with traction? If so, where and under which conditions? Where in the powerband do you feel the most prominent gain in power?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Congrats! Any initial impressions you can share? Any issues with traction? If so, where and under which conditions? Where in the powerband do you feel the most prominent gain in power?
I'll preface this response by saying I'm still within my break-in period (planning for ~1,000-1,250 easy-ish miles, just hit 450 and I've started reaching 4,500-5,000 RPM) and I also tend to drive like a grandma overall (there's usually a kid in the back, get off me)... so I'm hardly pushing the car, but I notice an immediate wealth of torque waaaaay down low in the powerband (aka my natural habitat).

Hondata probably performed 10 jailbreaks at yesterday's event--hopefully others can weigh in as well. 😆

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
500 is break-in, feel free to rag on it now. More miles taken easy isn't going to do anything, the car doesn't come on power until the range you are skipping so you are really missing out IMO.

My kid (7) makes some fun sounds when I stomp on it.

Added a non-oem cargo net and gave it a wash. Really need to figure out ceramic coating the car because I've noticed the white paint "stains" and dirt can be hard to entirely remove without some effort.

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
I am receiving the Hybrid Racing Short Shifter Assembly, Radium catch can (PCV), and Radium Coolant tank kit today. I will install it sometime this week.

Thanks @Two Step Performance for the quick shipping!!!!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I am receiving the Hybrid Racing Short Shifter Assembly, Radium catch can (PCV), and Radium Coolant tank kit today. I will install it sometime this week.

Happy to take care of you! We look forward to your impressions once you get everything installed.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Break-in is actually 1000 km which equates to ~620 mi. Maybe don’t rag it too hard just yet, but you definitely want to vary the load the engine sees as much as possible. Hills are helpful. Enjoy!

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R

Let us know how that shifter is, been eyeballing that as well.

-Josh

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Hey, just wanted to share this before you plan on changing the rear seats. Be safe!
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3432

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Hey, just wanted to share this before you plan on changing the rear seats. Be safe!
IMG_3432.jpeg
Good to know and thank you. The plan is to put 2 child seats in the back where it’s capable of doing now but changing out the cup holders so my wife can wedge herself in the back if needed. Not so much to use it on a regular basis.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Good to know and thank you. The plan is to put 2 child seats in the back where it’s capable of doing now but changing out the cup holders so my wife can wedge herself in the back if needed. Not so much to use it on a regular basis.
Had the same plan as you, but saw the post and decided to not do it. Thought I should share specially if kids will be using it.

Though if you still decide to do so, this is from FK8, might be similar to FL5:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-7uTxrec_zjACCzjlAbq-z3HGNxZw&mibextid=9R9pXO

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Had the same plan as you, but saw the post and decided to not do it. Thought I should share specially if kids will be using it.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-7uTxrec_zjACCzjlAbq-z3HGNxZw&mibextid=9R9pXO
I actually had this bookmarked but figure in due time, someone would update it for the FL5. Perhaps I will only replace the bottom cushion and not put in the middle seat belt.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Thanks for sharing this, super helpful! This is directionally consistent with what needs to be done to replace the seat covers; however, I noticed a few unnecessary steps. For example, the small panels on each side of the bench seat do not need to be removed, the weather stripping does not need to be removed, the side panels near the shoulder seat belts do not need to be removed, and obviously the seat belts will be left untouched. Anyhow, just thought I'd point this out.
Sponsored