• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I've probably spoken to 100ish dealers a this point. Problem I'm running into is one of two scenarios:

1) sure, we take a deposit on a car we don't have. Selling price is MSRP + 15-20k

Or

2) we don't take deposits or reservations on cars we don't have. But we'll call you and the three hundred other people who inquired when it becomes available.

I just don't know how people got on lists for future allocations at reasonable prices. No dealers I talk to seem to be interested in taking a deposit for a car they don't already have allocated to them.
This was largely my experience as well.
Sponsored

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
If anybody gets a lead on SGP for up to 5k adm please let me know... I'm still in the hunt, but good deals hard to come by in Texas. Thanks all!

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Reach out to Everett Geis @ Ryan Honda in Monroe, LA. I don't think they have any list - I got my car by seeing it posted to MO and calling that day. Not sure if they have another allocation but they were easy for me to deal with from Florida. Maybe they'd be willing to mark you down or take a small deposit.

I have been getting calls from a lot of the mid-Florida dealers, most are still $10k over though when I've asked. Also getting multiple calls from Toyota dealers - hard pass, I've seen the GRC in person now and I would not buy it at MSRP.

Donatello

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Hi guys,

Happy Easter! First post ever. Wanted to share another data point as the info here was helpful in my quest to find one at a reasonable price. Thank you to all who has contributed.

Just got a CW from Coggin Honda in Jacksonville, Fl. Paid MRSP + HPP (2k). With TT, OTD price came out to be a little less than 51k. I was second on the waiting list. Fortunately, the first person passed for whatever reason. :)

Disclaimer: This dealer currently have an active waiting list of 20+ people for the Type R.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? 9272396C-D206-4D93-8782-4B42267F8D5E

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? A723B214-BA64-4286-B785-3E158FA14C55

Last edited:

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Hi guys,

Happy Easter! First post ever. Wanted to share another data point as the info here was helpful in my quest to find one at a reasonable price. Thank you to all who has contributed.

Just got a CW from Coggin Honda in Jacksonville, Fl. Paid MRSP + HPP (2k). With TT, OTD price came out to be a little less than 51k. I was second on the waiting list. Fortunately, the first person passed for whatever reason. :)

Disclaimer: This dealer currently have an active waiting list of 20+ people for the Type R.

9272396C-D206-4D93-8782-4B42267F8D5E.jpeg

A723B214-BA64-4286-B785-3E158FA14C55.jpeg
Congrats! Team CW FTW!

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Hi guys,

Congrats!!! Last summer when I called Coggin they didn't seem to know anything about the type r. That's the cheapest I've seen one go in the area too.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Hi guys,

I think that first person was me lol šŸ˜… I distinctly remember seeing a call from Coggin Honda some time ago. I went into a psychotic frenzy and called so many dealerships last summer, and again in the fall. For alot of them I was the first person on the list. I should have been organized and made a list but I was too lazy, and I did alot of the calling while I was working lol. It got to a point I lost track of who was who, and dealerships would be confused because I'd be the same guy asking to be put on a list lmao. My phone was getting blown up from dealerships asking me about CTRs šŸ˜‚ It died down now

I was gunho for CW and jumped on the first lead I had for it. I could have waited and paid a lesser ADM but I just was too anxious and didn't want to lose out on getting the color I wanted. Every dealership I called that had an incoming car literally had every color but CW lol. I don't have buyers remorse but I do regret not being a little more patient and lurking here to check for leads, would have probably lended myself to less of a hassle and probably saved more on the ADM game.

Glad to see you get one with a low adm, and in the prefect color šŸ‘šŸ½ Still haven't seen any FL5 CTRs on the road.

Donatello

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I think that first person was me lol šŸ˜… I distinctly remember seeing a call from Coggin Honda some time ago. I went into a psychotic frenzy and called so many dealerships last summer, and again in the fall. For alot of them I was the first person on the list. I should have been organized and made a list but I was too lazy, and I did alot of the calling while I was working lol. It got to a point I lost track of who was who, and dealerships would be confused because I'd be the same guy asking to be put on a list lmao. My phone was getting blown up from dealerships asking me about CTRs šŸ˜‚ It died down now

I was gunho for CW and jumped on the first lead I had for it. I could have waited and paid a lesser ADM but I just was too anxious and didn't want to lose out on getting the color I wanted. Every dealership I called that had an incoming car literally had every color but CW lol. I don't have buyers remorse but I do regret not being a little more patient and lurking here to check for leads, would have probably lended myself to less of a hassle and probably saved more on the ADM game.

Glad to see you get one with a low adm, and in the prefect color šŸ‘šŸ½ Still haven't seen any FL5 CTRs on the road.
Ayee.. my hero! What a small world! Thank you for sacrificing your spot for me. :)

sedis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
I have called around 80 dealers with stock/in-transit vehicles in the last week. Everywhere reasonable is sold/presold/reserved and everywhere with stock is 10-25k over sticker. This search is rough!

JCZ5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 GT4, 992 Targa 4 GTS
I have called around 80 dealers with stock/in-transit vehicles in the last week. Everywhere reasonable is sold/presold/reserved and everywhere with stock is 10-25k over sticker. This search is rough!
Situation is tough especially with driving season upon us. Just wait till the end of the year and into winter. I anticipate demand will die down. Honda plans to produce 400 vehicles a month...yeah, need to wait a few months. Or even a year. All in demand enthusiast vehicles require wait. My GT4 took about a year and so did my Targa. I anticipate if you want a FL5, eventually you will get one...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Give them a ring and find out! I have found that many of the listings at MSRP tend to have a markup once you get someone on the phone or when they respond to your email. I presume if it were truly an MSRP car it would be gone.
Itā€™s a used listingā€¦ā€¦900 miles. Iā€™m good, not sure if anyone else is interested
Sponsored