• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Situation is tough especially with driving season upon us. Just wait till the end of the year and into winter. I anticipate demand will die down. Honda plans to produce 400 vehicles a month...yeah, need to wait a few months. Or even a year. All in demand enthusiast vehicles require wait. My GT4 took about a year and so did my Targa. I anticipate if you want a FL5, eventually you will get one...
I think 400 is for the Japanese market.

I think a year is common for Porsche. The options play a factor. Your options for the Type R is... Well you don't get one. They do come in different colors but it doesn't seem to be something you can order at this point.

Porsche you can order exactly what you want. A year later it arrives. This to me... Isn't the same experience.
Sponsored

JCZ5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 GT4, 992 Targa 4 GTS
I think 400 is for the Japanese market.

I think a year is common for Porsche. The options play a factor. Your options for the Type R is... Well you don't get one. They do come in different colors but it doesn't seem to be something you can order at this point.

Porsche you can order exactly what you want. A year later it arrives. This to me... Isn't the same experience.
Wow good to know about the 400, hopefully more coming for the US market.

My comment on one year (probably more now with Porsche) was referring to when you can get an allocation at MSRP. Was commenting to previous poster saying everything right now is requiring some sort of ADM. I'm anticipating a year from now, you will see less ADM.

It is great FL5s are coming with minimal options. Less complexity always means faster production. Here's always hoping enthusiasts who wants one will get one.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Wow good to know about the 400, hopefully more coming for the US market.

My comment on one year (probably more now with Porsche) was referring to when you can get an allocation at MSRP. Was commenting to previous poster saying everything right now is requiring some sort of ADM. I'm anticipating a year from now, you will see less ADM.

It is great FL5s are coming with minimal options. Less complexity always means faster production. Here's always hoping enthusiasts who wants one will get one.
Well... To be fair I am speculating on the production amounts but! My FL5 was built in November and is 3xxx. I got it early March. I think production started in August. So the math... Ya know.

When it comes to things like ADM. I am unwilling to be so bullish on a stance one way or another however. If time is the teacher and if I am the student... Then I can assure you I have no clue what the future holds. I could easily see it being as bad or not existing at all. A dusty ass S2000 CR sold for over 200k. I remember discounting them big time. If I could to back. I'd own two. Lol.

The best advice I can give to anyone buying anything is this... If you can make sense of it. Then do it. If you can't... Well then you shouldn't do it.

Last edited:

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I have called around 80 dealers with stock/in-transit vehicles in the last week. Everywhere reasonable is sold/presold/reserved and everywhere with stock is 10-25k over sticker. This search is rough!
I am seeing min 10K at all dealers now, so crazy.

Iā€™ll sell mine for 50K. :) :p

It'd be sold today if you really listed it.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
And that's why they are in serious trouble - who on earth is going to pay $50k for a used, 3 model year old car when the new one WITH ADM is the same or barely more?

I noticed the MO website's avg ADM has gone back up. When I was looking hard 2mos ago it was 15k > 12k> 10k > 12k over that time - it's back up to 15k. I guess the new wave brought more high ADMs.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
And that's why they are in serious trouble - who on earth is going to pay $50k for a used, 3 model year old car when the new one WITH ADM is the same or barely more?

I agree, I am not sure who is buying them but Type Rs are not sitting on dealer lots long. Blows my mind what people are willing to pay for them, I would never pay over MSRP for a new one much less a used one that someone beat the hell out of it.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I watched one with 5k go through auction for 48k. You see that the one I posted is retail at just over 50 for the same spec. Not the same car.

This should show you the margins that dealers are working with. If you purchase it.. between auction fees and transport. You have hundreds of dollars in margin if that. It won't need much through the shop but a state inspection and looking over it... Or let's say your a Honda dealer and you certify it. You're talking no margin or slight loss.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I agree, I am not sure who is buying them but Type Rs are not sitting on dealer lots long. Blows my mind what people are willing to pay for them, I would never pay over MSRP for a new one much less a used one that someone beat the hell out of it.
Stopped by to see a buddy while he was getting some parts at the dealership, and the sales manager asked me to call him if Iā€™d sell for $55k. It really is insane.
Sponsored