• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I'm of the mind that all bets are off for the FL5 with respect to using the past as an indication of what will happen in the future. It's not clear how long this generation will run, the intent to ramp up or ramp down production, or how external events may impact pricing, supply, demand, etc. In short, if you truly want the car, I would make provisions to secure one sooner than later. Assuming the FL5 will be available a few years from now is not a bet I would take.
Clark knocks it out of the park!
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I had it shipped to Thailand all the way from the UK. I spend around 6 months a year there because my wife is Thai.

I snagged a brand new 2023 Circuit Pack with only 27 km on the clock. I had to wait it out for several months, but in the end, I ended up paying more than I initially wanted to.

I was just so damn obsessed with this car, I couldn't help but overpay like a complete idiot. I mean, who wants to wait for years like most people do after securing an allocation? Not me, lol.
Wow. Good for you. Way to make arrangements, even if a little extreme, to get what you want.

Reactions: 007

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Scrolled through this whole thread. Overall it has to be one of the most depressing things I've ever read.
I respect you for reading through all 59 pages. It looks like you plan to take a run at securing an FL5. If you haven't already I recommend reading through the below threads from cover to cover:
There's a much bigger time commitment since there are more pages than this thread; however, I believe it's a worthwhile read. The context is helpful in that it allows you to see the lifecycle on allocations, strategies members have employed to secure allocations, ADM, dealership engagement, and much more. These threads also will set the table for when you start to engage dealerships and start to hear some of this stuff first hand. It will all start to make sense lol. Anyhow, I think you'll be better positioned to navigate the waters once you download it all. Let us know how we can help.

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I respect you for reading through all 59 pages. It looks like you plan to take a run at securing an FL5. If you haven't already I recommend reading through the below threads from cover to cover:
There's a much bigger time commitment since there are more pages than this thread; however, I believe it's a worthwhile read. The context is helpful in that it allows you to see the lifecycle on allocations, strategies members have employed to secure allocations, ADM, dealership engagement, and much more. These threads also will set the table for when you start to engage dealerships and start to hear some of this stuff first hand. It will all start to make sense lol. Anyhow, I think you'll be better positioned to navigate the waters once you download it all. Let us know how we can help.
Appreciate it, I'll take a look, and thanks again for the info the other day over on BP as well. Yeah, very serious about getting a FL5 after coming to my senses and ruling everything else out. I dealt with some of the dealer shenanigans in '21 after some mild interest in a FK8 but ultimately never got a deal done. I worked a deal earlier this week which is closing before the end of the month to get back down to 2 cars. Hope to be down to 1 car before the end of July which will make things easier mentally and financially, but still trying to get caught up on the CTR in the meantime.

LVM26202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5
@AlpineBoost - It takes work, but it is possible to find one. I still paid over, but 5k was the best I found and I was ok with that price. I called damn near every dealership in the NE area to talk deal. I used the Motoring Obsession site and called anytime there was an update. Eventually I landed at $6k over in Connecticut. After I had that locked in, I used it to negotiate with local dealers. I asked them to sale local to NY state residents and beat the out of state sales price. It worked because 2 of them agreed and beat the 6k price. Good luck!

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AlpineBoost - It takes work, but it is possible to find one. I still paid over, but 5k was the best I found and I was ok with that price. I called damn near every dealership in the NE area to talk deal. I used the Motoring Obsession site and called anytime there was an update. Eventually I landed at $6k over in Connecticut. After I had that locked in, I used it to negotiate with local dealers. I asked them to sale local to NY state residents and beat the out of state sales price. It worked because 2 of them agreed and beat the 6k price. Good luck!
Appreciate it! I'll check that site out. I have a car that should be up for auction within a few weeks and depending on the outcome I may be a little more willing to fork over an extra $5k. I hate it, but $5k ADM with no add-ons doesn't sound that bad compared to some of the alternatives.

wrxdev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, FL5 CTR
Appreciate it! I'll check that site out. I have a car that should be up for auction within a few weeks and depending on the outcome I may be a little more willing to fork over an extra $5k. I hate it, but $5k ADM with no add-ons doesn't sound that bad compared to some of the alternatives.
I see you're in GA. I'm in GA as well, northern ATL and OTP. None of the ATL dealers came anywhere close to $5k + MSRP. I am getting mine from a dealer in NC for a $5k markup.

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you're in GA. I'm in GA as well, northern ATL and OTP. None of the ATL dealers came anywhere close to $5k + MSRP. I am getting mine from a dealer in NC for a $5k markup.
Nice, I'm further east, around 30 miles from Athens. That's what I'm finding so far in GA as well. I usually end up buying out of state. Trying to keep it within ~400 miles.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-road / 2023 FL5 (pending)
Just took my CW FL5 home from Priority Honda in Roanoke, VA yesterday. I luckily was on their callback list when they got an allocation and immediately put in the deposit in May. Here is the grand total:
Market >> 45345
ADM >> 10000
Accessories >> 479
Total after Taxes and Fees >> 59,398.04

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Congratz but I realize Im more than happy to wait this shit out. MSRP is already bad enough but $60k would have me having buyers remorse and ruin the whole thing.
These dealerships are multi million dollar profitable companies, these ADM’s are pushed by pure greed. They would be perfectly fine selling at MSRP.

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Ed Martin Honda in Indianapolis has a SGP for 5 k over. No other add ons and a reasonable doc fee.
Ask for Orlando Itza.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
MSRP 44890
Pro Pack 895 (I don’t even know what this is)
Door Illumination 950 🤦‍♂️
Premier Tire & Wheel 1595 (This one is actually good…covers aftermarket wheels and tires as long as all 4 corners match)

No other ADMs. Just the mandatory accessories.

Last edited:

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Is this at Ed Martin, I just talked to them and have an email stating five over and a doc fee
Sponsored