• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yea, no sweat off my back. If people aren't willing to pay even 5 or 10k adm then they'll have to wait or not get one.

I actually did try to find a used FK8 in decent condition in my area. It was slim pickings on that front and the one I did find was going for a hefty price. I don't know where you're finding these cheap FK8s, but any with sub 100k miles are $34k-40k used near me; a used car for near MSRP or more. That would leave a whopping 14k for that BRZ.
I briefly considered an FK8 but in the ATL area any decent one is priced at roughly FL5 MSRP. New gen car with 0 miles or last gen car with 30-40k miles isn't a hard choice for me lol
Sponsored

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
I briefly considered an FK8 but in the ATL area any decent one is priced at roughly FL5 MSRP. New gen car with 0 miles or last gen car with 30-40k miles isn't a hard choice for me lol
Yea, there's no way anyone's getting an FL5 at MSRP in Atlanta when you can barely get an FK8 for the FL5 MSRP. Maybe if you're best friends with the dealer or they're feeling super nice? I wouldn't doubt 5k adm as the rock bottom any would go otherwise.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6k ADM for my boost Blue FL5. No additional fees. Within the price range i set for myself.
Very nice. I spoke to the Rome dealer a few weeks back and he wasn't certain on ADM or anything at the time. Glad they ended up coming down to a good price for you. It's definitely a hike for me. The Macon Honda also had one coming in but said they had someone already lined up for there's.

ChiefJeef

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic SI
Very nice. I spoke to the Rome dealer a few weeks back and he wasn't certain on ADM or anything at the time. Glad they ended up coming down to a good price for you. It's definitely a hike for me. The Macon Honda also had one coming in but said they had someone already lined up for there's.
yeah it started at 20k over and was able to talk it down. Also i had a trade in so that had sweetened the deal. They didnt short the trade in though. Got pretty good offer

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Got the price quote on mine which should be here in a week or so.

Price is $54,753 with ADM (10k markup basically). They also are forcing a "package" that includes various things like wheel locks, tint, and a ceramic coating, that's a $3k. The real killer is, of course, the ol' tax man which came out to a hefty $4000 (state has a sale tax on vehicles that's based on sales price) for a final price right around $61,000.

I have a trade-in and a substantial down payment, so I won't have to finance too much, it's definitely steep though part of it is something I'd have to pay on ANY vehicle (the tax). Can't escape that part.
That's actually a pretty good deal. Congrats!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Rome Ga Shotenkirk
Wow they quoted me 20k ADM when I talked to them. Not entirely surprising, multiple times I've received different numbers from different salesman at the same dealer.

Edit: Yeah I think I'm gonna start haggling more. If I see they have something I want coming in but their ADM is 10k, I'll start telling them I'll deal for 5k, no accessories. I have a good trade in to sweeten the pot so that should help.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow they quoted me 20k ADM when I talked to them. Not entirely surprising, multiple times I've received different numbers from different salesman at the same dealer.
I had my wife call dealers for fun to see what they'd quote her (she has a diff last name even). Initially I'd hoped lower, but nope, always 15-20k adm when theyd offer me 10k adm. Dealers definitely were being a bit arbitrary on this.

ChiefJeef

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic SI
Yeah what ive learned is that when you go in person it makes a world of difference cuz it started at 20k over. Also maybe i was fortunate as i worked with the internet sales manager. Like every dealer i asked if it was negotiable. Got a few no's but a few said yes but have to go in person.

ChiefJeef

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic SI
@Bonito Try Snellville Carey Paul honda . They still have a boost blue available as of today. I called them as a backup. They were starting at 8k plus 2k accessory. But maybe they are willing to go down more in person. I was working with Key Brown.

Name: Carey Paul Honda
Phone: 7709851444
Color: Boost Blue Pearl
City: Snellville
State: GA
Vin: JHMFL5G42PX000542

Also alot of the dealers are really looking to sell locally so use it to your advantage

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I appreciate the willingness of people to be beta testers. I personally never purchase a first model year car so they can work the kinks out with updates in the following model years.
Even though I doubt there's much to go wrong w/ first-year FL5's, I agree with you. Just in case something pops up, right?

If you have the cash and want to ball out, that's your right :), but IMO there are certainly better cars and car combos (Such as a S2000 / Miata / Gen 1 BRZ / 996 911 + Used FK8) to spend your money on for that price.
Speaking of 996, there's a Targa that's been sitting for a while locally. Hope to check it out soon!

From my perspective, driving enthusiasts (not just car enthusiasts) will buy cars (and value them) based on the experience they provide.
Totally agree. In 2018, we could've bought a new FK8, but we bought an Evo X for me and an Abarth for my partner instead. Worked out to about the same amount of money all in, but much more flavor in two cars than just one.

I don't know where you're finding these cheap FK8s, but any with sub 100k miles are $34k-40k used near me.
Even that's pretty lucky tbh. FK8's are pushing 50k near me.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
@Bonito Try Snellville Carey Paul honda . They still have a boost blue available as of today. I called them as a backup. They were starting at 8k plus 2k accessory. But maybe they are willing to go down more in person. I was working with Key Brown.

Name: Carey Paul Honda
Phone: 7709851444
Color: Boost Blue Pearl
City: Snellville
State: GA
Vin: JHMFL5G42PX000542
I'm waiting on a CW or RR, but thanks a ton for sending the info along!

ChiefJeef

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic SI
I'm waiting on a CW or RR, but thanks a ton for sending the info along!
My pleasure man. Guess this is up for any other Atlantians. Ill keep an eye on the tracker for new ones that come up.
Sponsored