• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
I believe everything is taxed.
depends on how the state incorporates the ADM. i seem to think some places you do NOT pay taxes on the ADM but worth drawing attention to it to make sure they do it correctly.

and i think someone was asking what TTL means ... iirc: taxes, title, license (as in license plate, i think).

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Lots are like "just come in and lets talk". I am good, not making the trip just for you to inform me your ADM is 20K. Just email me the paperwork, I'll wire you 20K to hold it and I'll be on the first flight in the AM.
Exactly......dealers from the other side of the country asking me to come to the dealership and not disclosing pricing on the phone......bro how am I supposed to get to Texas from Maine only to find out that the markup is 20k lol. Are you going to reimburse my flight ticket and probably the flight back (20k markup I'm flying back for sure)?

joerob624

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Corolla Hatchback SE
Hey guys, wanted to pick some peoples brains. I'm itching to get into the FL5, but I'm based in Cali so its hard to find one at less than 20k at the moment. Problem is...I need a new car by January. Do I pick up a Civic SI and trade it in sometime next year? Whats thoughts on the markup by that time?

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Hard to say or predict. Most say we are in a market decline but something tells me cars like the FL5 will still be hard to come by and will carry markup for quite some time. It's built in Japan and Honda is still struggling a bit with domestic production.

Your in Cali and the ADM is rampant but that also means far more dealer selection then anywhere else. I found, bought, and paid far less than 20k in cali so keep looking and don't be afraid to show up in person and negotiate. Also, last I checked the Si is still commanding a 5k or so markup so you're not immune their either.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Hey guys, wanted to pick some peoples brains. I'm itching to get into the FL5, but I'm based in Cali so its hard to find one at less than 20k at the moment. Problem is...I need a new car by January. Do I pick up a Civic SI and trade it in sometime next year? Whats thoughts on the markup by that time?

I'd buy a beater for a few months.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Purchased a CW $55k OTD. Will spend another $1500 on shipping from Ohio to SC and $3500 on PPF (front end), ceramic coat and tint. Thankfully dealer did not try to add the Honda Protection Plan. Thankfully SC tax on vehicles is capped at $300 and I'm military and do not have to pay property tax on vehicle.

Currently have a 22 Si but it was hit and been at body shop since August. Picked it up last December at MSRP and only owe $17k so hoping when I get it back I can sell quickly to pay for the ADM on the CTR. Going to suck paying two car payments if my Si is not ready by EOM!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Purchased a CW $55k OTD. Will spend another $1500 on shipping from Ohio to SC and $3500 on PPF (front end), ceramic coat and tint. Thankfully dealer did not try to add the Honda Protection Plan. Thankfully SC tax on vehicles is capped at $300 and I'm military and do not have to pay property tax on vehicle.

Currently have a 22 Si but it was hit and been at body shop since August. Picked it up last December at MSRP and only owe $17k so hoping when I get it back I can sell quickly to pay for the ADM on the CTR. Going to suck paying two car payments if my Si is not ready by EOM!

You could have flown out there for $99 and drove it back, would have saved you $1000 or more.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
You could have flown out there for $99 and drove it back, would have saved you $1000 or more.
To me my time is worth more than the $1500. Not saying I like blowing money but by the the time I pay for flight, hotel, food, fuel it's pretty equal. Plus I don't want to put the car on the road until I get the PPF installed....500 mile drive with my car playing catch with rocks, no thanks! 😁

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
To me my time is worth more than the $1500. Not saying I like blowing money but by the the time I pay for flight, hotel, food, fuel it's pretty equal. Plus I don't want to put the car on the road until I get the PPF installed....500 mile drive with my car playing catch with rocks, no thanks! 😁
legit reason...congrats on the purchase and great price.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
legit reason...congrats on the purchase and great price.
Thanks, hate paying the premium but I want the car so not going to bitch. I'm willing to pay so it's worth it......took about 50 calls and several sales peeps with different stories on allocations, wait lists, ridiculous $30k ADM but in the end worth the work.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

I get that.

When I bought my 2020 I took the kids and made a weekend vacay out of it.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Absolutely do not buy a Si, best to hold out for the best deal u can possibly get on a FL5. Next month dealerships will be a lot more willing to budge on the ADM

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Absolutely do not buy a Si, best to hold out for the best deal u can possibly get on a FL5. Next month dealerships will be a lot more willing to budge on the ADM

This, come Jan-Feb I think all dealers will be singing a new tune. We are starting to see new cars actually have incentives again. That will not happen with the R but I think we'll see the ADM start lowering. Especially after the first couple rounds of allocations hit and the hype slows.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Added another line to the purchases. Total markup average across the board is around 7.7k, 8.5k if I remove the dealer ($0 markup) sale.
Sponsored