• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Mud guards donā€™t matter if the car cant be delivered!
If they arrive because delays are the order of the day!!!
Man dude....I can feel your passive aggression behind your comments today lol...try and hold on man, I know it's easy for me to say. Logistics sucks and as unfortunately as it is literally no one can do anything about it šŸ˜•

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Man dude....I can feel your passive aggression behind your comments today lol...try and hold on man, I know it's easy for me to say. Logistics sucks and as unfortunately as it is literally no one can do anything about it šŸ˜•
No passive aggressiveness- just calling it like it is. So long gone is the time of just straight up getting the job done at all costs and honoring commitments. Maybe my own shortcoming to struggle with that or theirs for coming from a different gen where its ok not to honor commitments. Maybe im an old hard liner, maybe im overthinking and at the same time I know Id bend the world to make sure my customers are taken care ofā€¦.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
If they arrive because delays are the order of the day!!!
My CF wing has been here since 11/6. This is not just "nothing anyone can do about it." This is Honda severely dropping the ball. New Zealand has their cars and Florida doesn't. They are the ones that over promised and under delivered. I work for a fortune 500 company all of you know in their supply chain shipping division. I would be fired if this was my project. Matter of fact we get shipments of large freight from FL to Cali in 5-7 days. And containers from Cali to FL in the same amount of time.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
My CF wing has been here since 11/6. This is not just "nothing anyone can do about it." This is Honda severely dropping the ball. New Zealand has their cars and Florida doesn't. They are the ones that over promised and under delivered. I work for a fortune 500 company all of you know in their supply chain shipping division. I would be fired if this was my project. Matter of fact we get shipments of large freight from FL to Cali in 5-7 days. And containers from Cali to FL in the same amount of time.
I definitely should have phrased better. Not that "nothing anyone can do" but none of us In here have the power to go make something happen. It'd out of your control, my control, and anyone else on this forums control to make the change happen. Try not to lose sleep over it. Complaints are necessary and should be filed, but my overarching point which didn't come across well was to try and hold on and be patient as hard as that is. You don't have control to make anything go faster than it is right now so best you can do is wait it out.

Unfortunately spamming about a failing system won't fix anything here.

Last edited:

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
oh no I have no interest. Iā€™m just saying dc has like 12 cars and theyā€™re not selling.
If you're basing this off the Type R finder it's likely inaccurate. Many places in my area that still pop up on that map have already sold their cars and they've been delivered. Might just be a few day delay getting the systems to update.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
If you're basing this off the Type R finder it's likely inaccurate. Many places in my area that still pop up on that map have already sold their cars and they've been delivered. Might just be a few day delay getting the systems to update.
Yep. I picked mine up on Saturday and itā€™s still showing at the dealer this morning.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I had to share this funny conversation that I had with the sales manager at one of my local dealers on Saturday:

Me: Hi, I was just checking in to see if you were able to budge yet on the CTR ADM?

Dealer: No we actually just sold it for 22k over. They are picking the car up now.

Me: 22k over? That's mind boggling.

Dealer: Not really. They financed for 84 months to spread out the cost

So people are not only paying crazy ADMs, but also financing at extended terms for god knows what rate? I can't wait for low mileage examples to start popping up, lol.
Hey I did 84 months to keep my minimum payment as low as possible. That loan will never see the 36th month.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
i'm going with cars.com and emails i'm receiving from the dealers. Cars have been here for a few weeks and most dealers in nothern va has 1 in stock.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Hey I did 84 months to keep my minimum payment as low as possible. That loan will never see the 36th month.

Total Loan Amount
$66,000.00​
Sale Tax
$4,620.00​
Upfront Payment
$4,920.00​
Total of 84 Loan Payments

$80,724.31​
Total Loan Interest
$14,724.31​
Total Cost (price, interest, tax, fees)
$85,644.31​

Imagine paying 15k in finance charges taking out a 60k+ loan over 84 months on a depreciating asset. oof

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I just purchased a boost blue in Georgia. $56k out the door.

I know I know.. most of us talked about not paying a dime more but I just could not walk away and losing the chance to own one, possibly for a very long time. Anyway you look at it most dealers either have a list of buyers for msrp or have the huge adm or both. So for me since I was right in front of it and markup was not so big I thought that was my only shot. I was also first inline for it here.

I do agree that paying markup sucks but when you do drive the car you forget about it.. lol

Boost blue does look good in person.
I think this is a fantastic post and it sums up the FL5 market to a tee.

I would have done the exact same thing. Yup the markup sucks and you hate to be part of the problem but fuck it! If you donā€™t buy it the next guy will and you get to sit on the sidelines and reminisce about the time you could have bought a brand new BB CTR for only $56k.

I mean Iā€™m not a fortune teller or nothing but I donā€™t think that youā€˜re going to be parking your FL5 in a parking lot next to another one all that often during your ownership. Like @savagegeese posted earlier in the thread Honda has pretty much set their production numbers for this car. For Honda this is a halo car of sorts and they probably want to keep the numbers low for exclusivity anyways.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Total Loan Amount
$66,000.00​
Sale Tax
$4,620.00​
Upfront Payment
$4,920.00​
Total of 84 Loan Payments

$80,724.31​
Total Loan Interest
$14,724.31​
Total Cost (price, interest, tax, fees)
$85,644.31​

Imagine paying 15k in finance charges taking out a 60k+ loan over 84 months on a depreciating asset. oof
No I canā€™t and will notā€¦lol!

Not going lie, the finance guy kinda changed his demeanour towards me when I told him I wanted 84 months. I was about to explain to him the loan had zero chance of seeing term but I kinda loved the feeling of being wrongfully judged. Iā€™d much rather have people underestimate me than not in most aspects of my life. Hahaha.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
So the cars are arriving to port in the states but are stuck do to shipping constraints in the US? Sounds like a US problem and not a Japan one, and obviously not a New Zeland one either.
Sponsored