• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
OMG you’re my doppelgänger!

I have:

Black 2020 Explorer ST
Blue 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Champ White 2023 CTR
10” penis

We’re like twins!

🤪
That’s funny. I also have a CW CTR 🤣. My jeep though is a renegade that my daughter drives so I am the poor version doppelgänger!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Congratulations. You have cheap insurance relative to others in this thread. The sharing of this information is never ever helpful. There are far too many variables to truly compare insurance to another person. Factors include but are not limited to: FICO, age, insurance history, other products/services, location, driving history, gender, annual mileage, type of vehicle, coverages, deductible, claims history, marital status, vehicle ownership status, discount options, insurance carrier, other drivers on the policy, and the list goes on. If you want to know if your rate is a "good rate" you shop insurance carriers, you don't compare rates with randos on the interweb.
Doesn’t change the fact that some folks are paying insane prices for insurance on a Civic.

No shit there are factors that influence insurance cost. Nobody argued otherwise. It is what it is. I disclosed the most significant ones, such as my age, marital status, and driving record. Not to mention a car that’s far more powerful with twin turbos and two doors, which usually dictates higher insurance premiums.

When you race someone on or off the track, do you get out of your car every time you get left behind and present all the factors that attributed to that result? 😂

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Doesn’t change the fact that some folks are paying insane prices for insurance on a Civic.

No shit there are factors that influence insurance cost. Nobody argued otherwise. It is what it is. I disclosed the most significant ones, such as my age, marital status, and driving record. Not to mention a car that’s far more powerful with twin turbos and two doors, which usually dictates higher insurance premiums.

When you race someone on or off the track, do you get out of your car every time you get left behind and present all the factors that attributed to that result? 😂
Insane rates for who? The rates are insane because you say they are? Well maybe we can try this...no one gives a fuck what you're paying for your M2C and that you're 41, with no kids, and a perfect driving record. If people are paying more for a Civic, than you are your M2C, then that's what they're paying.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Insane rates for who? The rates are insane because you say they are? Well maybe we can try this...no one gives a fuck what you're paying for your M2C and that you're 41, with no kids, and a perfect driving record. If people are paying more for a Civic, than you are your M2C, then that's what they're paying.
Why are you so angry? Did someone hurt you?

For crying out loud, listen to yourself. What you’re basically saying is that this thread shouldn’t exist.

According to your logic, sharing ADM or OTD price on a CTR is “never ever helpful” because there are “far too many variables” that influence the end price and “no one gives a f***” about what someone else paid. Some of those variables include negotiation skills, loan amount vs cash, state and local taxes, location, relationship with dealer, prior cars purchased through said dealer, inventory, etc.

So yeah, we read you loud and clear. You don’t like it when folks share pricing - of insurance or car or probably anything else - because that’s “never ever helpful”, unless they share their life story in the form of an e-book.

Slap yourself silly before someone else does it 👋

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
I paid msrp plus 10k markup. I ain’t gonna lie, I didn’t haggle at all. I just wanted the car and honestly would’ve paid more if that’s what it took. This car checks all the boxes for me so I just wanted it. They did give me full trade in value for my civic lx at $14,500 for a 2018 Civic Lx with 80k miles. Then I gave another 16k down payment. Total price was 63k but knocked it down with trade in and down payment so financed 33k. For now it’s 530 for 72 months. But I plan to pay it off in 3 years so they won’t get much interest. And driving this car it was worth every penny. All I can say is if it’s not worth it for some then best don’t buy it. And the price is not going to go down by waiting. My dealership said it’s going to go up once the supply starts to go down, which makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Jujubees

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R FL5
I paid msrp plus 10k markup. I ain’t gonna lie, I didn’t haggle at all. I just wanted the car and honestly would’ve paid more if that’s what it took. This car checks all the boxes for me so I just wanted it. They did give me full trade in value for my civic lx at $14,500 for a 2018 Civic Lx with 80k miles. Then I gave another 16k down payment. Total price was 63k but knocked it down with trade in and down payment so financed 33k. For now it’s 530 for 72 months. But I plan to pay it off in 3 years so they won’t get much interest. And driving this car it was worth every penny. All I can say is if it’s not worth it for some then best don’t buy it. And the price is not going to go down by waiting. My dealership said it’s going to go up once the supply starts to go down, which makes sense to me.
I definitely agree. I paid 12k markup and that was negotiated because, California, but the car is excellent and I don't regret it one bit. I think the price going up sounds about true. There are quite a lot of people who think the price will go down if it doesn't sell and when recession hits harder. I believe that up to a point. The CTR isn't a car most people look at when they need a car to get from A to B and especially if they are strapped for money, people would look at a cheaper car. It's an enthusiast car and if a dealer is charging too much, they will lower it a little to meet current market value.

The people I've read bragging about how they will buy the car below MSRP once recession hits and how everyone is stupid for paying markup, will likely never get the car. Most likely when a dealer lowers the markup a bit, I bet there are people who will be willing to bite on that price, unless you have the case where a dealer has 5 in stock, like during the FK8's time. Then that's when they go for MSRP but somehow, I doubt Honda will produce anywhere near the amount of FL5's as the FK8's, so supply will be more scarce, and prices will go up.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
I definitely agree. I paid 12k markup and that was negotiated because, California, but the car is excellent and I don't regret it one bit. I think the price going up sounds about true. There are quite a lot of people who think the price will go down if it doesn't sell and when recession hits harder. I believe that up to a point. The CTR isn't a car most people look at when they need a car to get from A to B and especially if they are strapped for money, people would look at a cheaper car. It's an enthusiast car and if a dealer is charging too much, they will lower it a little to meet current market value.

The people I've read bragging about how they will buy the car below MSRP once recession hits and how everyone is stupid for paying markup, will likely never get the car. Most likely when a dealer lowers the markup a bit, I bet there are people who will be willing to bite on that price, unless you have the case where a dealer has 5 in stock, like during the FK8's time. Then that's when they go for MSRP but somehow, I doubt Honda will produce anywhere near the amount of FL5's as the FK8's, so supply will be more scarce, and prices will go up.
Very true about it being an enthusiast car. They know the market value. Because if they sold them for msrp, people would buy them and turn around and sell them for 10k more and it would sell in a heartbeat. And I’m not sure if it’s all dealerships but mine told me Honda will only allow them to receive one at a time. They can’t request another one until they sell the one they got. When I bought mine they put in an order for another. But they said they would be lucky to get another one since they are so limited. The car is special and it is worth more then msrp in my book.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Just to add fuel to the fire..
I'm paying under 240 Every 6 on my Teggy through Costco..

GoyaRnb

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R FL5, 06 Civic Si FG2
60k. marked up with 4k of accessories within the markup. They threw in gap insurance, least they can do. SGP, carbon fiber spoiler, red leather shift knob, illuminated door sills, door rain guards, protection paint, ppf coating spray. She sure is nice. Crazy how in the right like this thing looks light blue

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? MicrosoftTeams-image (29)

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
60k. marked up with 4k of accessories within the markup. They threw in gap insurance, least they can do. SGP, carbon fiber spoiler, red leather shift knob, illuminated door sills, door rain guards, protection paint, ppf coating spray. She sure is nice.

MicrosoftTeams-image (29).jpg
They at least throw in some lube for raping?

Reactions: 007

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
60k. marked up with 4k of accessories within the markup. They threw in gap insurance, least they can do. SGP, carbon fiber spoiler, red leather shift knob, illuminated door sills, door rain guards, protection paint, ppf coating spray. She sure is nice. Crazy how in the right like this thing looks light blue

MicrosoftTeams-image (29).jpg
You should go get a real ppf on that baddie, dealership ones are normally shit and don't cover enough. Nice pic!

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
You should go get a real ppf on that baddie, dealership ones are normally shit and don't cover enough. Nice pic!
Maybe I’m in the minority but IMO PPF is a waste of money and time.

1. The glue begins to yellow after a few years even on the new, high tier PPF after roughly 3-5 years. That’s my experience.

2. It needs replacing.

3. The paint without PPF will fade differently if the car frequently experiences the elements. Yes, clear and PPF both have UV protection but there’s still a difference.

4. Cars get rock chips so it’s a losing battle regardless.
Sponsored