Sponsored

What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

J_D

Senior Member
First Name
J
Joined
May 9, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
482
Reaction score
485
Location
Montreal
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I've bought the USB C hub before to see if the connectors are any different to cars that did not come with USB C. They are definitely very different and is not something you can just buy and swap over.
It is settled. We remain in the glory days of USB-A
Sponsored

 

Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
603
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link
It is settled. We remain in the glory days of USB-A
Really?
You gonna give up that soon, just like that? I am offering to reimburse the cost of unit for you, in the interest of ...
Furtherance Of Science!!!

You just gonna pass that up?
Maybe you just need a voltage regulator (I don't even know what that is...) or something.

All my stuff is USB A anyways, I haven't made the USB C transition yet
Based, yo. Ole Skool.
 

J_D

Senior Member
First Name
J
Joined
May 9, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
482
Reaction score
485
Location
Montreal
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Really?
You gonna give up that soon, just like that? I am offering to reimburse the cost of unit for you, in the interest of ...
Furtherance Of Science!!!

You just gonna pass that up?
Maybe you just need a voltage regulator (I don't even know what that is...) or something.



Based, yo. Ole Skool.
Okay fine. I will make a conversion write up during the Holidays!!!!!
 


Robo7

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
271
Reaction score
351
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R

I♥️LCY

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
70
Reaction score
64
Location
Inland Empire
Vehicle(s)
2026 Honda Civic Type R
I might be in the minority, but I HATE heated seats, I feel like Im peeing myself whenever they turn on. NO THANK YOU.
You're not alone. I do not like P/leather seats and I certainly do not like heated seats. The Type S was not even a candiadte because of its atrocious hodgepodge of a sports minded front seat.
 

dwag88

Member
First Name
David
Joined
May 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
47
Reaction score
66
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle(s)
2024 CW CTR, 2022 Tesla MY LR, 2023 GMC Sierra 5.3 (work)
Interested in the horn and the USB-C hub. I think Mikstore already sells a USB-C conversion kit, but OEM would be better if it works.
 

jcfishel

Member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
49
Reaction score
84
Location
Cary, NC
Vehicle(s)
2025 Honda Civic Type R #35339
The problem with trying to simply swap in the updated USB-C ports on the '27+ FL5 and '25 Civic is they both need new wiring harnesses able to handle the higher amperage rating needed to support the fast charging and USB 3.1 data standard that comes in these vehicles.

The new USB-C DATA port that comes on the '25+ Civic and '27+ FL5 runs directly into the newly revised head unit which was updated to provide BOTH the improved power and data connection necessary. This is a hardware limitation absent in the '22-'24 Civic and '23-'26 FL5 head unit.

The Mikstore conversion kit can convert the dedicated charging port from slow charge USB-A to fast charge USB-C via an extra wiring harness that taps into the fuse box under the dash to deliver the higher 3.0A rating necessary but this conversion will only work for the dedicated USB-C CHARGING port.
 

J_D

Senior Member
First Name
J
Joined
May 9, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
482
Reaction score
485
Location
Montreal
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
The problem with trying to simply swap in the updated USB-C ports on the '27+ FL5 and '25 Civic is they both need new wiring harnesses able to handle the higher amperage rating needed to support the fast charging and USB 3.1 data standard that comes in these vehicles.
The 25+ Type C ports do not support USB-PD fast charging. The 22-24' Type A ports are 12.5W, while the 25'+ ports are 15W.
 


 







Top