• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What springs to go with to do a slight lowering but keep the ride quality of stock?

Cooler2442

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT4
I'm receiving my FL5 next week and I definitely want to lower it a tiny bit but have the following priorities:

1. Ride quality shouldn't be sacrificed compared to stock so I can still use comfort mode in the canyons.
2. I plan to track and wouldn't want there to be an issues.

Which Springs should I go with? Swift?
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
FL5 is in it's infancy.

Options are out there with more to come.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm receiving my FL5 next week and I definitely want to lower it a tiny bit but have the following priorities:

1. Ride quality shouldn't be sacrificed compared to stock so I can still use comfort mode in the canyons.
2. I plan to track and wouldn't want there to be an issues.

Which Springs should I go with? Swift?
Research the springs that have the smallest drop. Spoon, Swift, Eibach, and Whiteline are good places to start. Only Spoon has a FL5 specific lowering spring available at the moment. Everybody else only has FK8 springs out at the moment.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

2. I plan to track and wouldn't want there to be any issues.
It is hard to expect there is no sacrifice or little change in ride quality when you get springs.

There are few FL5-specific aftermarket option at this point. The best thing is to ask for a ride when there are more people with different FL5-specific lowering springs, then pick the one you like the most.

If you are looking for something to improve handling in bumpy canyons with the least ride quality change, the option CF Wing is a significant improvement. Helps the car rotate and easy to feel the difference at any speed.

The canyons I use definitely does not ride like glass.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Spoon has one posted but it's not available until July/August last I looked. Nothing is available yet that is FL5 specific. I personally think it's worth waiting until this summer when there will be some options. Otherwise you might be doing the spring install twice.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I'm on Eibach and have no complaints. :D
Good luck.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
H&R FK8 springs. 0.8ā€ drop and progressive spring rates that are comparable to stock.*

*Stock FK8 springs. I donā€™t believe FL5 rates have been published yet.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
H&R FK8 springs. 0.8ā€ drop and progressive spring rates that are comparable to stock.*

*Stock FK8 springs. I donā€™t believe FL5 rates have been published yet.
Agreed ā€¦ I love the ride and drop on my FL5 with the H&R springsā€¦
And here are the spring rates that Eibach tested out FK8 vs FL5ā€¦..
Pretty much the same spring rates.:wave:

11th Gen Honda Civic What springs to go with to do a slight lowering but keep the ride quality of stock? 44E44FD6-1EA2-4BA1-AE39-B85051835D79

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Interesting. Definitely no need to wait for dedicated FL5 springs then.
Just because the stock spring rate is the same for both FK8 and FL5 does not mean there is no point of waiting for FL5-specific springs. People who develop springs for FL5 may have a different take on what they believe is good with this chassis. At least the FL5 is slightly heavier than FK8. So it's not a bad thing to wait, but you can still get the FK8 springs if you want to lower a FL5 now.
Sponsored