• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whats your other car in addition to your CTR?

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
2023 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Type R, 2006 S2000, 2022 Veloster N, 22 RDX (not pictured)

20230525_161252.jpg
Just sold my '22 Veloster N and picked up a '23 Kona N. Currently working on getting a FL5. How does it compare to the VN?
Sponsored

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Just sold my '22 Veloster N and picked up a '23 Kona N. Currently working on getting a FL5. How does it compare to the VN?
They're still very different from each other. I made some changes to the VN which really made a great difference in handling. I added Whiteline 24mm front and rear sway bars and Elantra N front lower control arms which are internally boxed from the factory. The greater stiffness of these really helped in front end feel and responsiveness. I have-2.2 degrees negative camber in the front and -2.0 in the rear. This car is so much better than it has a right to be! I also added an AFE CAI with a Velossa Tech snorkel, a Forge Motorsports intercooler and upgrade piping kit with a GFB BOV, and a Scorpion open downpipe...no tune yet but she runs quite well now! I'm very happy with it overall. It's the 1st brand of car that I've purchased outside of Honda since 1997! I only have just over 400 miles on the 23 R so I'll know more as I get more seat time. I'm planning to set that up very similarly to my 18 Type R. I have alot done to the 18 too so...

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I like the civic so much I thought about buying the “normal” version as well. Do you drive it a lot? Any complaints?
Its soo good. Smooth, refined (ST) yet sporty handling and 45 mpg highway. I have that one cvt so nice smooth drive to work then the Type R for nights and weekends. The only gripe ai have on the ST is lack of adjustable lumbar.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
We have a Kia Sorento 2016.

I won't speak rudely about it since we still own it but my goodness. I assure you'll never own a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis from here on out.

We are looking to replace it but we are not in agreement with what that will be.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
We have a Kia Sorento 2016.

I won't speak rudely about it since we still own it but my goodness. I assure you'll never own a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis from here on out.

We are looking to replace it but we are not in agreement with what that will be.
Are you looking for a similar type vehicle?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I recently traded my 2017 Toyota Tacoma for a 2020 Lexus GX 460. Such a smooth and luxurious ride! It's definitely a boat and doesn't handle well. When I jump in my FL5 the suspension is extra stiff by comparison. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a V8 family rig that can tow more than a 4Runner.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? IMG_7633

After getting my car in Championship White this January I decided to paint match my 2022 Honda Grom. I think it turned out pretty nice! I matched the stickers in red to the emblems on the car. I plan on sharing more in a build thread in the future as I think might own one of the first of this generation in this paint code.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? IMG_7626

I’ll share photos of my FC RX-7 in the future when I get some good shots!

Last edited:

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
2018 Honda Accord EX-L. 2.0T, 10AT. My wife's car.
It has a Sport Mode that changes the shifting a lot and the steering and throttle response a little.
It's got pretty good power (252HP). But, it's best at highway cruising. In tenth gear the engine is turning 1900 RPM at 80 MPH.
The trans will do direct shifts from 10th to 6th for kicking down to pass.
You can use the paddle shifters if you want to play more.

johnny.silva7

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(FL5) Civic Type R, Viper TA
Owned an AP1 S2K, Prelude SH, RSX, and DC2 Integra in the past. Then took a hiatus of JDM to go USDM with a Gen V Viper. I had an itch to go add an S2K to the stable, but couldn't find the "right" one. Then recently added an R as a practical daily. I'm beyond happy with the combo.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? PXL_20230704_14413847
Sponsored