• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where’s the Aero?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Yes, I have one as do several others. No issues with the 3pc design. One guy already blew his up but nothing is going to survive a curb & colder weather. I'm totally happy with mine and wouldn't replace it with a different one - anything else "nicer" is 5x the cost and, based on experience, they are somewhat sacrificial.
For me lips are an item that you have to be ok with losing. Either a curb or debris might get it, I like some because of the styling but then don’t pull the trigger because I’m concerned I might destroy it.😂
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
Same, my aero flow v2 lip will be here this week. I could never justify $2000 for something that will certainly get damaged at some point.

KingKing68

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
I’m thinking about making the Spoon front bumper. I already contacted 2 body shops and they said they can. I contacted a Chinese manufacturer but they said I would need at least 50 pieces made. I got quoted for ABS plastic which will be way better than fiberglass. Anybody interested? If not I’ll just make 1 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think it will look nice with the Seibon front lip. What do you guys think?

11th Gen Honda Civic Where’s the Aero? IMG_6963

11th Gen Honda Civic Where’s the Aero? IMG_6964

Last edited:
OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The Mugen Group A kit is finally available to order. King Motorsports has it stock.

I wonder what it would look like painted on my car 🤔

11th Gen Honda Civic Where’s the Aero? IMG_2149
11th Gen Honda Civic Where’s the Aero? IMG_2150
11th Gen Honda Civic Where’s the Aero? IMG_2151

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The Mugen Group A kit is finally available to order. King Motorsports has it stock.

I wonder what it would look like painted on my car 🤔

IMG_2149.jpeg
Ugh I like this lip a lot, but I think there's about a 30% chance the car will make it up my driveway with it... maybe I just save my money? Maybe I wait for someone to install and provide measurements? 🤔

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I like Mugen's wing but that's about it - the diffuser is for their single butthole exhaust which is... not good looking.

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Ugh I like this lip a lot, but I think there's about a 30% chance the car will make it up my driveway with it... maybe I just save my money? Maybe I wait for someone to install and provide measurements? 🤔
Surprisingly it’s the cheapest complete lip kit on the market. If I didn’t have a Garage Unique front lip sitting in my garage, I would’ve ordered it already

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Surprisingly it’s the cheapest complete lip kit on the market. If I didn’t have a Garage Unique front lip sitting in my garage, I would’ve ordered it already
Oh the price is DEFINITELY right--I've got no issues on that front... clearance will probably be an issue though. :cry:

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Oh the price is DEFINITELY right--I've got no issues on that front... clearance will probably be an issue though. :cry:
Yea the price is the best part generally Mugen pieces are expensive.

Send it! And stop being a lil punk

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I would get that front lip right now😂. Damn responsibility comes first.
But if one gets the lip... is it going to look odd to not get the side sills... and if you get the side sills AND lip, will it look odd to not get the diffuser as well?

(That question is for the general group as well!)

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
But if one gets the lip... is it going to look odd to not get the side sills... and if you get the side sills AND lip, will it look odd to not get the diffuser as well?

(That question is for the general group as well!)
Absolutely it might, but I would be willing to try the lip first and see if it flows. It think it might be able to be pulled off.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I think you can get away with the front lip and sides without the rear diffuser.