• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will there be 11th Gen MTs?

Will there be 11th Gen MTs?

• Yes

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
I think we'll get at least a other generation with a manual. The coupe may go. If we ever have a generation where the Si has a automatic as an option, regardless of the flavor, that may be the last one if autos outsell the manuals by a huge margin. I bet there is a decent size group that buying a trim other than a Si was because they didn't want a manual and that was the only game in town.

I hope they keep it. I would have checked out a Chevy SS to compare the Charger I checked out... had they had a manual within 200 miles of me. Manual was very high on my list of wants.
oh man, those 50th Anniversary SS look so damn good, and sound so damn good.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Toyota made some large pushes into MT with their new Corolla. I would expect Honda to follow suit.

TOMMY B

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
219 Honda Civic HB Sport
The 6 speed gear box is the one reason I bought another Honda. I enjoy driving MT, I wish more Auto manufactures offered them in more models. I don't care much for the Automatic transmission but I really dislike the CVT in almost any thing.

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
The 6 speed gear box is the one reason I bought another Honda. I enjoy driving MT, I wish more Auto manufactures offered them in more models. I don't care much for the Automatic transmission but I really dislike the CVT in almost any thing.
I had my MT at the dealership for a few days and they gave me a Hatch EX CVT and I hated it. So glad to get my MT back...

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
I am pretty sure that the MT will continue because they do sell. They obviously make more automatics but I believe the Honda corporation is smart enough to realize that in order to keep their loyal customers happy they need to please all of them. That includes all the MT drivers that will go to something else if they take that away. Especially in the type R and Si. That’s a tradition to have a manual in those. Ever since the beginning those cars were only available in manuals and I don’t think that will change anytime soon

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, FK8 2021
Toyota made some large pushes into MT with their new Corolla. I would expect Honda to follow suit.
but if the sales numbers aren't great with the corolla manuals, Honda may not feel the need to satisfy the manual market anyway. that being said even though for my daily commute i much prefer a non-manual car (living in Montreal Quebec, the traffic on the 15 is just nerve wrecking during rush hours), I still would like to have the option available..

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
The sales figures I see here are comparing MT to CVT and/or AT sales. I would think this isn't a great way to look at it because fluctuations in overall sales would skew that result, right? Any sales figures out there on number of Civic MT's sold year over year? Or even % of overall MT sales compared to competitors (Focus, Mazda3, Corolla, etc.)?

I would think Honda performs reasonably well in sales of MT cars, and understands that it's a highly desirable feature to a group of buyers. I would guess we'll eventually see some non-MT Si's and maybe even Type R's. If the market were to demand it, I would also guess the MT would eventually be phased out. But, I doubt they're just going to give the MT the ax in the next generation.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Honda makes one of the best manual now in production and it transform their lightweight small engine car into something that can be considered Sporty.

It's only North American (i'm not one of them) who have trouble using their manual in daily city traffic. In Europe, most of the Taxi's are manual and those guys know how to drive. It might not be the big volume seller, but it's an anchor for the brand's image and supports the models line-up that are not as sporty.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
I certainly hope so! My wife drives an '18 Sport Touring 6MT and she wouldn't have it any other way! Me neither. I don't trust CVTs.

OP
OP

Axatax

Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Honda makes one of the best manual now in production and it transform their lightweight small engine car into something that can be considered Sporty.

It's only North American (i'm not one of them) who have trouble using their manual in daily city traffic. In Europe, most of the Taxi's are manual and those guys know how to drive. It might not be the big volume seller, but it's an anchor for the brand's image and supports the models line-up that are not as sporty.
I was in was in Germany last month and both Merc taxis I took were autos. That's certainly the first time I encountered that, but I haven't been there in 10 years.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
in my 39 years of being alive ive never owned a car with an automatic transmission.

manuals in the usa were always the rare option, even in the 90s 95% of cars on american roads were shit-matics.

like others have said, the si and type r of next gen will prob be offered in manual. but the gen after that is up in the air.

everything i love and grew up with is going away - manuals, coupes, etc. shit sucks.

OP
OP

Axatax

Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
in my 39 years of being alive ive never owned a car with an automatic transmission.

manuals in the usa were always the rare option, even in the 90s 95% of cars on american roads were shit-matics.

like others have said, the si and type r of next gen will prob be offered in manual. but the gen after that is up in the air.

everything i love and grew up with is going away - manuals, coupes, etc. shit sucks.
Yeah. Where I work if you don't have a Tesla or a bicycle you're a POS.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Yeah. Where I work if you don't have a Tesla or a bicycle you're a POS.
didnt realize underwear models for JC Penny made enough money to buy a Tesla!!!!